New Grip Log

ishred

starting to take my grippers seriously again, and i have devised a new routine that will help improve strength and endurance (hopefully).

Here's my plan....

1. take gripper X down to 1/4"

2. do 3 sets of 10 with gripper X at 1/4"

3. Next workout, (if i was successful in doing my 3 sets) take gripper X and open 1/16" more than last workout.

4. Do 3 sets of 10 with gripper X at 3/8"...and move on like that.

when i can start doing that gripper for 3 sets of 10 at credit card or beyond, i will use the next highest gripper or file the previous gripper at least 1/4"

I've tried KTA, and liked it, but it was too hard on my hands and made playing guitar and other stuff difficult.

Another reason is, my hands are normally burnt after a couple max attempts, ie. when i'd attempt a #3 like 2-3 times, my hands would be so shot, i'd struggle to close the 2 ONCE!!!!!

Also, about the endurance thing, i'm about 1/4-3/8 on my #3 on a good day, yet i can only rep my #2 5-8 times if i'm fresh. Seems kinda weird especially when i see all the 3 closers say they rep a 2 like 10-15 times or more.

I'll be starting this on friday (i have a gig tonight).

I like the plan. If you found a good routine that works for you then keep going. 1/4-3/8 inch on your #3 is awesome...congrats! Keep going man

starting to take my grippers seriously again, and i have devised a new routine that will help improve strength and endurance (hopefully).

Here's my plan....

1. take gripper X down to 1/4"

2. do 3 sets of 10 with gripper X at 1/4"

3. Next workout, (if i was successful in doing my 3 sets) take gripper X and open 1/16" more than last workout.

4. Do 3 sets of 10 with gripper X at 3/8"...and move on like that.

when i can start doing that gripper for 3 sets of 10 at credit card or beyond, i will use the next highest gripper or file the previous gripper at least 1/4"

I've tried KTA, and liked it, but it was too hard on my hands and made playing guitar and other stuff difficult.

Another reason is, my hands are normally burnt after a couple max attempts, ie. when i'd attempt a #3 like 2-3 times, my hands would be so shot, i'd struggle to close the 2 ONCE!!!!!

Also, about the endurance thing, i'm about 1/4-3/8 on my #3 on a good day, yet i can only rep my #2 5-8 times if i'm fresh.  Seems kinda weird especially when i see all the 3 closers say they rep a 2 like 10-15 times or more.

I'll be starting this on friday (i have a gig tonight).

Billy,

Did you stop KTA??

I see now that you did..too bad it interfered with your guitar work..it definitely requires serious dedication...glad you have a new plan.

Good to see you back in the saddle again! Your log was one of my favorites when you were posting a lot. Hope this routine catapults you over the #3...and on to the #4's front lawn. :D

Thanks guys.

My first 2 workouts...(went kinda light)

day 1 (friday)

filed #1 set at 1"

3 sets of 10 each hand. easy right, little tougher left

#2 5 reps right hand

1 rep left...more attempts

Day 2 (sunday)

Filed #1 set at 1 3/8"

3 sets of 10

right hand easy

Left hand little tougher

Filed #1 Almost no sets to failure

right x 11

left x 7

• 2 weeks later...

everything went downhill once i got my webcam setup........dave showed me his routine so i had to try it. he is #4 closer..........

Then there was the tear-a-thon on sunday nite...my hands are beat. Gonna get back on track monday (probably with dave's routine). letting the hands rest this week.

Yesterday i did some dumbbell snatch's with my 2 7/8" dumbbell loaded to 30lbs. did a couple sets of 10 for each arm. felt good....great workout doing snatch's.

the weight was light, its that huge handle that's the hard part. so i got a good grip workout too.