Rehab

GarytheDino

I had alot of back pain for 2 or 3 days after the deadlift which was 2 or 3 days before that. It was 4-5 days after the workout and lastest 2-3 days is what I'm trying to say. Usually if there is going to be a problem it happens around the 48 hour mark. I think some of it was due to some house work i was doing when I had to stretch and twist to get to what I was doing. I may try some more deadlift this week or next. yesterday I did some pullthroughs and back raises for high reps. It feels fine now. Most of my back work I try to keep horizontal to keep pressure off the spine. It seems to be working. The deadlift is just the one lift I think needs to be done just because it's an everyday movement outside of the gym.

The tricep is coming back good after 3 weeks. I am just about full strength and will start to ramp up again after the forth week. I plan on going to 315 for reps on the bench this week. Hope for 10-15 reps and the same on deadlift. I'm going back to a regular bar on the bench for a few weeks just for someting new. I use a regular bar to DL with an over grip and dead stop and reset every rep. It's very important that I keep perfect form. Sometimes I don't lockout because I want the weight on my muscles not the spine. Like I said the more horizontal I stay the better.

I am doing a balanced program now for the entire hand and lower arm. I try to work them every other day. For hand health I started doing ball rotations and rubber band extensions. For wrists I'm levering to the front and rear with a 2" db that has weight on one end.I like the short handle, I'm doing wrist curls and reverse wrist curls with either a bar,DB, or plates to work the other 2 directions. I sometimes include plate curls too. I recently tried the blob toss and catch it also feels great for the wrist. With grippers I am not getting much from negatives and max attempts. I started doing strap holds and overcrushes with a filed #2. I do alot of no-set work sometimes for reps. My sweep sucks so bad that I have trouble setting. It's getting better now although my final crush is way down. Now that the elbow is getting better I'm starting to ramp up the crush again. I use the grip machine for reps and sometimes negatives. Sometimes the chokers are used also to start at just wider than parralel or to do negatives. the thumb gets worked with a clamp or plate pinches for individual fingers especially the last two. Blobs are seldom used right now. I have dropped all bending and tearing to focus on building stength, and to let the elbows heal.

• 2 weeks later...

The elbows are holding up good but very sore. I have uped the weight a notch again this week.

On bench with 3" bar from the bottom I did 350x7 all deadstop reps.

Deadlift 315x4 then back felt weird so I stopped. I'm using extra weight on back raises and doing pullthroughs now also.

On grip I have reduced to 2 workouts per week. I think I'm overtrained and that is causing the elbow problems. I cover everything on grippers overcrush, straphold, chokers, max attempts, invertedes, negatives and reps. About 3 or so of each then wrist curls about 4 sets and 3 sets of reverse. Thumb clamp, lever the other two ways with ax or hammer. Rubber band extensions and shot rotations.

I wish you a speedy recovery my friend. Injuries happen to all of us. Were always trying are best yeah know, and I respect anyone who does :bow For your elbows extensor work is good. I love the expand your hand bands from Ironmind there about $11-13 but good. My elbows would bother me some from my job but don't anymore at all. I read that extensors help overall hand health. Good luck

I recently got those bands. They are weaker than I expected. I can double up the reds and still get 20 reps.

The tricep still feels really weird when I warm up. When it gets warmed up it's ok. It's coming back real strong though..........I got a new PR today. I was not going to do one until next week but I just knew I had it in me today..............and to top it off someone asked me last night what I did at my best...........like I've gone down hill..............I told him I am at my best as soon as this tricep feels better. Why do they always ask that?

Anyway that really put a fire under my ass. I just did my light press and tricep day yesterday but was really motivated and had to try. I did 435 on the 3" bar from the bottom. I'm good for at least 450. Next week we will see.

My back has been acting up. I think it's the occasional DL. I'll try singles next time.

Grip I don't know about. Some days I'm on and some I'm not. I'm trying to tune in on what frequency to train at and how much volume. I think twice a week but I still need to back off of the volume. The left elbow is inflamed terrible. I have no choice but to back off and ice it down.

Grip I don't know about. Some days I'm on and some I'm not. I'm trying to tune in on what frequency to train at and how much volume. I think twice a week but I still need to back off of the volume. The left elbow is inflamed terrible. I have no choice but to back off and ice it down.

Gary extensor work really helped my elbows when it came to the grippers..kind of balancing out the opposing muscle groups.