Have You Seen This?

EricMilfeld

In the world of the gripper, when everyone could do the #3 they came out with the #4........

Don't you think its time to come out with the BLACK NAIL???

What do ya think?

:rock

As benders are encouraging and inspiring each other to keep

destroying heavier and heavier steel, the time for the birth

of the BLACK NAIL is near.

as capt crushalot says its time for a new nail not that i can bend them like the greats on this board but i think its time for someone like( bill aka wanna ) or eric or anyone working with bill to come out with there own line of cheaper and bigger list of nail that can be sold to help pay for the running of the board and keep bigger companys like ironmind from controlling the puppet strings maybe bill can start to find a dealer and start selling our own kind of nails called gripboard nails :trout

as capt crushalot says its time for a new nail not that i can bend them like the greats on this board but i think its time for someone like( bill aka wanna ) or eric or anyone working with bill to come out with there own line of cheaper and bigger list of nail that can be sold to help pay for the running of the board and keep bigger companys like ironmind from controlling the puppet strings maybe bill can start to find a dealer  and start selling our own kind of nails  called gripboard nails  :trout

There is such a thing. FBBC stock. Harder and better quality than IM's sutff (shaved and filed edges instead of the sharp edges IM has) and they are cheaper. Plus they offer much more stuff than just 5 nails or so.

www.fatbastardbarbellco.com

Great idea DAN , heck everyone and their brother are making their own Gripper Certifications these days for Grip Masters to shoot for so why not more metal bending certifications.

I only know of two that has a certification for steel bending and that is IM and FBBC , but there may be one I am not aware of yet. We all know that with some of our buddies on the Grip Board like Eric Milfeld, Greg Amidon and Dave Morton plus a slew of others accomplished strong men on the board including yourself that the Grip Board would have to start out with galvanized steel plumbing pipe at least, maybe even the illustrious 4 Way Tire Iron and we could call that certification " Certified Road Kill or Killer" a play on words from the car tire tool bending. I mean some of these guys are like walking tendons made of steel so they need a real challenge, especially if you can bend 100 RED NAILS at a whack. Yes this tells me that these powerfully blessed guys need some REAL STEEL to allow them to reach their peak and then some. I’ve got all the time between now and when the good lord calls me home to train and bend, train and bend on and on.

SO IF WE SING IT , the Grip Board should BRING IT!

***Note to Grip Board Administration IF YOU MAKE THEM -THEY WILL BEND IT

The GATOR says "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HARD AS NAILS; YOU JUST GOTTA BE STRONGER THAN THEM! " :rock

GatorGrip, hehehe you're really competing about the first place of most annoying use of big and colored letters.

I don't know who's the "best" though, you or Dan Praydis ;)

No offense meant.. :)

GatorGrip, hehehe you're really competing about the first place of most annoying use of big and colored letters.

I don't know who's the "best" though, you or Dan Praydis ;)

No offense meant.. :)

ZAKATH no offense taken ( BUT GO AGAINST THE GRAIN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE )be different don't be like every one else think ?HOW BORING THIS WORLD WOULD BE if we were all the same .same strength same idears and same looks :upsidedwn:yikes:cry

Variety is the spice of life.

YEAH BUT ALL CAPS IS YELLING AND NO PUNCTUATION MAKES TEXT HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHICH IS SORT OF COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AS THE WHOLE POINT OF WRITING IS USUALLY TO SHARE INFORMATION.

Rolle

I could care less :laugh .......I think if they can do it why not......why must you doubt them.....or down them........I for one think that they can do it.....and I hope they can.....so have fun and good luck to all those trying to bend the red barehanded!!!

quote=rolf,Feb 20 2005, 12:16 AM]

YEAH BUT ALL CAPS IS YELLING AND NO PUNCTUATION MAKES TEXT HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHICH IS SORT OF COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AS THE WHOLE POINT OF WRITING IS USUALLY TO SHARE INFORMATION.Rolle

FOR GOD SAKE! Rolle don't ignite that tangent again because I will fly right off the handle and into the GREAT BLUE YONDER. :upsidedwn

AS FAR AS ALL CAPS GO AND THE INTERNET ETIQUETTE OF YELLING OR SCREAMING ,Which I say is horse feathers anyway, see you thought I was going to say HORSE SHIT didn't you. :yikes Well I just did and all in caps to boot, now did that really hurt your ears, I didn't think so!

I HAVE TURNED MY VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP AND I HAVE YET TO HEAR THOSE ALL CAPITAL LETTER WORDS EVEN WHISPER LET ALONE SCREAM.

No Offense Taken and None Given Out , I am Just Trying To Lighten Up This Whole Foolish Issue. We have all these different creative options right at our finger tips, so use them every chance you get, it just keeps things interesting and it sparks a glint of visual fireworks. WHO CARES? I MEAN DOES IT REALLY MATTER AT THE END OF THE DAY? HECK NO! :calm

Have a nice Presidents Day Rolle and everyone else also enjoy your weekend thoroughly yet safely :D

Gator,

I wasn't actually addressing you. ;)

It's not an issue of pure netiquette. All caps is also slower to read than mixed case (a gazillion of studies on this). That means the more you write in all caps, the more likely people will ignore your post because everybody basically hates reading off a computer screen anyway - which again is up to 30 % slower to read than from a paper. ;) ;)

Try reading a book written in all caps. ;) ;) ;)

Rolle

I am just poking fun at the issue and I know you are correct about the correlation between normal word letter capitalization and sentence structure versus the use of all capital letters to emphasize the idea presented in context with the rest of the composition. Actually even though I was born and raised just on the edge of the Okefenokee Swamp and pushed up along side the federal property line of the Osceola National Forest in North East Florida. I accept that I would be considered the proverbial REDNECK or Florida Cracker which for your edification was the slang title given to those southern cowboys who had the arduous task of herding cattle through the swamp, marshes and saw palmetto country of the region. The cows tended not to endear those serrated palm limbs drifting across their legs with every step and the very likely possibility of stepping on an Eastern Diamondback Rattle snake which are indigenous and plentiful in this area. The herdsmen were forced to give the cattle extra incentive to stay together and continue pushing through the underbrush thus the “crack” of a leather or deerskin whip would usually convince even the most ornery of bulls to continue the journey post haste. I will attempt to make a very long but interesting story much shorter than it could be by conveying the following personal historical data. I was actually placed in an English honors program in both junior and senior high school with the choice of graduating two years earlier than normally required by the state school board. I did not accept the offer and upon gradation I entered the United States Armed Forces during the Gulf War era. While attending High Stress Experimental Cold Weather basic training at Fort Knox, Kentucky I was informed that I had been selected to attend West Point Military Academy to become an officer. I unfortunately had to decline the opportunity because a cadet could not be married and one of the main reasons I pledged my allegiance to my country and agreed to faithfully serve and protect the American people was that by joining this honorable organization it would provide me with a means to rescue my fiancé from an physically and sexually abusive dysfunctional drug laden home. Some time later when I did have the opportunity to attend a civilian academic institution I found that I was blessed with a love of learning and in all honesty continue to maintain a 4.0 GPA which includes an A or 100% grade in both English composition and literature plus the highest mark receivable in my communications course or public speaking if you will. Thus I agree with your brief summarization of the unwritten rules of Internet interface regarding text correspondence. I will in the future attempt to limit my use of capitalization, font selection and color manipulation, yet I still reserve the right to use any of the three writing variations for more endearing messages of encouragement for our members of the Grip Board whom achieve a commendable personal record in the art and sport of metal manipulation and hand strength prowess.

But if'n you think your fixin to learn me something then you ain't no damn Einstein either. Pappy always said you ain't go’ in to turn a mule into a thoroughbred horse no matter how expensive the hay you feed'em cause that’s got to be bred down through them critters from good blood line which starts with a strong family tree. Now Bubba my family tree looks like a light pole, tall with a solid foundation but no branches. Ha Ha :laugh

You can glean from this message that I am no sleek backed racing thoroughbred. I am however more comparable to the far more functional yet unglamorous draft horse. This is how I managed to pull your leg this long. :D

(All references of events and intents are the solemnly sworn truth signed Staff Sergeant Walter K. Crews on this date of 20 Febuary 2005 .)

DISCLAIMER: IF ANY GRAMMATICAL ERROR(S) ARE FOUND IN SAID TEXT THEN THE AUTHOR USED THIS AS A LEARNING TOOL FOR YOU TO DETECT AND CORRECT WITHIN YOUR MIND WHILE READING SAID TEXT.

Gator,

I wasn't actually addressing you. ;)

It's not an issue of pure netiquette. All caps is also slower to read than mixed case (a gazillion of studies on this). That means the more you write in all caps, the more likely people will ignore your post because everybody basically hates reading off a computer screen anyway - which again is up to 30 % slower to read than from a paper. ;) ;)

Try reading a book written in all caps. ;) ;) ;)

Rolle

Hey,

I am back, and yes I spoke with Dr. Randy Strossen in the flesh, to resolve a few questions I/we had.

FIRST,

On the issue of the Holles bending bare handed, he said that he saw a VIDEO of them bending a 60d bare handed. He said anything else he would imagine is imposible. And I believe that feat has already been done by John Brookfield.

NEXT,

On the issue of the BLACK NAIL. He said that due to the fact that people were pushing in so much on the nail (putting presure on the palm), that he was afraid some one would eventually pierce their hand with the nail. Also, he said people who could close the #4 were already getting soft tissue damage from all the pressure. I believe that he would like to see more bending DO at the upper abdominal level instead of bending so high (under the chin). So, for that reason, he currently never intends to make a tougher nail. Oh yeah, and he did say he did some extensive thinking and consulting with unknown persons to reach this decision. So, the future of the BLACK NAIL looks, well, black.

:trout

Gator,

Again, I wasn't addressing you in the first post. It does seem so, so my bad. :calm

Rolle

Couldn't edit, so I had to make a new post to clear up the point of my first post.

I've seen several posts here written in all caps (or no caps at all) and/or without any punctuation. The fact that someone is reading your (anyone's) post is an indication that they would like to know what you're trying to say. So why make it more difficult by using all caps (or leaving caps out completely) and ignoring punctuation?

I'm not a punctuation police. I'm an ESL, so I even couldn't be one if I tried. But I think most of us know that there usually are at least full stops every now and then in text. So, your grammar and whatnot doesn't have to be flawless, but please make an effort. Again, you're trying to relay information so no point in making it more difficult to understand what you're trying to say.

Gator's use of varying text types was so extreme that it was clearly a selection of writing style, and was quite funny in this context. I doubt anyone would like to read a board containing solely posts like that, though. So if you use such a style, do it with - well - style.

Back to the original subject.

Rolle

Edited by rolf

Hey,

I am back, and yes I spoke with Dr. Randy Strossen in the flesh, to resolve a few questions I/we had.

FIRST,

On the issue of the Holles bending bare handed, he said that he saw a VIDEO of them bending a 60d bare handed.  He said anything else he would imagine is imposible.  And I believe that feat has already been done by John Brookfield.

NEXT,

On the issue of the BLACK NAIL.  He said that due to the fact that people were pushing in so much on the nail (putting presure on the palm), that he was afraid some one would eventually pierce their hand with the nail.  Also, he said people who could close the #4 were already getting soft tissue damage from all the pressure.  I believe that he would like to see more bending DO at the upper abdominal level instead of bending so high (under the chin).  So, for that reason, he currently never intends to make a tougher nail.  Oh yeah, and he did say he did some extensive thinking and consulting with unknown persons to reach this decision.  So, the future of the BLACK NAIL looks, well, black.

:trout

tell randy to post the video. so we can all see the bends with no wraps so we can practice how to do it ;)

The corners are very sharp at the ends of the red nail. The only way it is possible to bend the red nail barehanded is if you have tiny hands and you could bend it DO from the center without touching the sides. Then and only then is it possible.

If strossen is afraid that someone is gonna put a nail through their hand, why did he change the rule and not allow leather? You folders say leather protects the hand the best.

I think he's full of crap.

If strossen is afraid that someone is gonna put a nail through their hand, why did he change the rule and not allow leather? You folders say leather protects the hand the best.

If Randy is afraid someone is going to put a nail through their hand, putting up a piece on his site about people bending nails bare handed isn't smart. I'm going to bite the bullet and agree with ishred on his second comment..........

If Randy is afraid someone is going to put a nail through their hand, putting up a piece on his site about people bending nails bare handed isn't smart. I'm going to bite the bullet and agree with ishred on his second comment..........

OMG HEATH AGREED WITH ME......

the sky is falling, hell hath frozen over....there's pigs flying past my office.....

ishred hope you feeling better ben there with that back problem wear a weight belt all the time it feels better and put a board under your mattress glad to see that someone tells it like it is :D

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

Sometimes I wonder if the Holles could take a shit on a nail and it would make it in the IM news.

Hahahaha, they're very good and all, just a bummer that the rules are always changed after they do their feats.

you guys are seeing the light? :laugh

afraid someone is going to put a nail through their hand??what a crock.

hey there are some dangers to bending...but it is NOT one of the most dangerous endeavors to pursue.

This is gettin' pathetic.

They are not bending Red's bare handed, that had been verified. So who give's a shit? It's not like they are the first to have bent something like a Blue bare handed. Yes, it's great that they have. I'm proud of 'em. I'm just as proud of Eric M, and Pat with their bending achievements.

I'm very proud of Bill and his Blob/2 45's!!!!!!! Etc, etc, etc.................................................................................................................................................................

It was in the IM news..... ok.

:mosher:sleep

This is way over rated, and people are harping on this way too much.

If Randy changes the rules....... :trout Who cares??????

We are not Ironmind subjects. We are grip freaks. Period.

We do not serve/idolize any person or company.

There are several great people to look up to, and there are more than 1 company to thank.

Ironmind, gets a lot of respect and they deserve it; however, they do not deserve more than Warren/ Fat Bastard/ PDA/ Sorin and his products/ etc......

Get over it......

:flame

-HH

If Randy is afraid someone is going to put a nail through their hand, putting up a piece on his site about people bending nails bare handed isn't smart.  I'm going to bite the bullet and agree with ishred on his second comment..........

This is exactly what I thought :whistel