Have You Seen This?

EricMilfeld

Bending wraps are like knee wraps. Some who doubted Gavin's bend of a Red have sinced adopted a variation of his technique. The Gripboard's bending rules are too wordy.

Interesting...

http://www.ironmind.com/morenews.php?id=1037#1037

:laugh

They should reread their rule #4 for gripper certifications. :trout

so basically it's saying that Gavin thought he was great until the red list grew and guys started taking about reds like coathangers with his technique....now he's trying to kick it up a notch.

so basically it's saying that Gavin thought he was great until the red list grew and guys started taking about reds like coathangers with his technique....now he's trying to kick it up a notch.

The double overhand technique was attributed to Gavin Holle by Randy Strossen, but I personally know other folks who are members here that were working on this technique long before Gavin Holle bent a red nail. He just happened to get recognition and credit by Randy Strossen first before others were recognized. This is not a knock against Gavin or Randy, but it is something that materialized due to the timing of Gavin's red nail bend, and how Randy Strossen chose to recognize the style he used to bend a red nail.

I have nothing but repect for those who can bend hard steel with their bare hands. However, this way of bending may not really simplify the bending process or bending rules. Think about how much manufacturing quality will become an issue. For example the ends of the Ironmind nails are considerably sharper than Fat Bastard Stock. Bolts will become relatively more difficult to other stock because of how awkward the ends of bolts are...an issue that is minimized by using padding.

Anyway, IMHO bending bare handed is super burly but I can see it ever catching on to the bending mainstream. It is quite dangerous even for experienced benders.

It's not saying he's red bending - just bare handed bending. :D I've heard there's no coat hangers left at his house. Ho ho.

Does not say reds are being bent barehanded, but reds are the only ones that you can certify on with IM. Nobody cares much about anything less than a red bend.

It also says, regarding the Holles that they "quite simply, they bend everything with their bare hands."

So are they bending reds or not?

The whole news post sounded like a whine fest brought about by the increased popularity of red nail bending - just trying to chop down the hard workers who have bent reds.

Records are made to be broken in most arenas, so everyone strives to as Emeril would "Kick It Up A Notch, BAM!” The biggest contribution I feel Gavin Holle has made is that he proved to the masses that someone other than our great legend John Brookfield could bend the Red Nail. John seemed happy about Gavin's achievement and I think he is glad to see others reaching their goal, which seems to be John's whole message in his strongman shows and in the way he appears to live his life. I hope the Holle's are taking that same view but then again he ain't no John Brookfield who was bending things that wasn't supposed to be bent when Gavin was still playing kickball on the playground. As stated before we are all aware of some strongmen that bent this way long before Randy gave Gavin Holle his fame. I have always found that if you can do something chances are someone will improve on your accomplishment and simply do it better, faster, heavier and more publicly so the Holle's better get used to having their names on the RED Nail list being followed by many more to come, including me Walter K. Crews because it is only a matter of time and will be this year if the good lord's willing and I don't get killed in IRAQ or something. My name may not be in the top twenty or even thirty but you can bet your last bottom dollar it will make that list. The good lord has blessed me with a tenacity and an all or nothing mind set so that everything I have chosen to do in my life be it in the military, helping others in pain or need and even more personal goals I have been blessed to achieve and in most cases above and beyond what was expected. If Gavin's miffed now enough to say that wraps are for the weak then just wait until he see us on that list.

I have read in many publications and articles that to motivate yourself for a great achievement give it a time frame and announce your commitment, promise or goal to others. I encourage all of you out there to make a solid commitment to your personal goal this year, but you have to have a plan of attack "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail " and as we say in the Army "Piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance "

Wraps or no wraps I WALTER K. CREWS will make that prestigious list . I don't have much in this world but my integrity and my word, so I announce it publicly on this day of 17 FEBUARY 2005 I will be a certified RED NAIL Bender this year .

If God is for you then who can be against you! and He is for all of us!

It also says, regarding the Holles that they "quite simply, they bend everything with their bare hands."

So are they bending reds or not?

The whole news post sounded like a whine fest brought about by the increased popularity of red nail bending - just trying to chop down the hard workers who have bent reds.

Are they bending reds barehanded - no. Not until we see proof. Otherwise what bending they are doing is barehanded. It is (the IM site) Randalls soap box and a place to sell his products and message. No different from any other site.

Holy shit guys, let's not get overboard here.

The barehand bending is pretty cool.

who gives a crap if they are bending red's barehanded....who said red's are the holy grail of bending, IRONMIND? give me a break....i can make a product and make a list of people who can complete the challenge too.........why won't IM report news that is newsworthy. Didn't brookfield bend barehanded too....hell, i've bent stuff barehanded and i don't see Ironmind putting me in their news.

who gives a crap if they are bending red's barehanded....

I would be very interested if someone was barehanding them. I don't know why you sound upset. IronMind is just talking about what the Holles are doing. They are talking about their products. Its just marketing thats all.

As to the Holles and their feeling towards wraps... to each his own. I wouldnt certify on a bar if I felt certain rules make it dangerous. I agree on an earlier post about the cut of a Red Nail, they are not smooth like the FBBC bars. This makes them inherently more dangerous in my opinion.

There are several certs you can go after for grippers (IM, GripBoard, HeavyGrips, Tetting, and Grippermania) There are several certs for bending that I know of (FBBC, IM) If you are interested in certifying, pick which rules you are most comfortable with and cert on them.

Greg

....hell, i've bent stuff barehanded and i don't see Ironmind putting me in their news.

Does Ironmind know about your bending?

;)

T!

In the world of the gripper, when everyone could do the #3 they came out with the #4........

Don't you think its time to come out with the BLACK NAIL???

What do ya think?

:rock

Let some more of us catch up with the RED first, because as we know the RED will be like the #3 CoC in many people's eyes, a nice accomplishment to many but the #4 is the real standard of strength and so would the "Black Nail". Plus that would just give them more to sell at a crazy price for little pieces of steel with a shot of paint on them. :)

In the world of the gripper, when everyone could do the #3 they came out with the #4........

What do ya think?

Personally I think bare handed bending is very impressive and while I have done it on a standard 15cm nail, I wouldn't make a habit of it. This is simply for the same safety reason I take the points off the nails I bend. My hands are pretty much my livelihood and I feel that the risk involved in a barehanded bend doesn't warrant me risking my income. Strangely enough before I left SA I had a similar conversation with an old time circus employee. He reckoned that the circus strongman would only bend wrapped so as not risk injury and the resultant loss of income.

What do ya think?

As benders are encouraging and inspiring each other to keep

destroying heavier and heavier steel, the time for the birth

of the BLACK NAIL is near.

:blink question why does iron mind take so much interest in the holles when they want to keep to them selves we have people hear who would video tape bends and such and are not so secretive i'm sure they are nice guys but how does strosen know so much about them if they stay in contact with him then they want there work to be seen by others when we want to know and cant see any pics or vids of there work bending or gripping something is fishy here like other stories that have unbelievable endings and leave you guessing :help

It is Saturday, 10:15am, and I am on my way to the Fitness Expo in Pasadena where Dr. Randy should be...... I am going to find out if they are really BENDING REDS BARE HANDED.........

Stay tuned to this channel and I will have the answer!!!!!!

:cool