Beefbuilder Grip Machine

Sybersnott

However, looking at the machine pic again, it may not be wide enough for

45s?

You can put 45's on it... I should know because I've put 45's on it myself.

The pic on the WLW site doesn't really show the machine the way it really is. I really need to take some pics and post them up. It can hold the 45's and even the big 100 pound plates. BTW, I have the Oly spindle on my machine.

I was able to put 17 ten pound Oly plates on it and still have room to spare for my hands. :happy

The pic on WLW is deceiving then. Being able to load 45s is good to know

for someone looking to purchase it. I assume now the machine with the

2" spindle, must be wider than the pic of the loader with the 1" spindle.

Your 10s must be thin ones, 3/4 inch or less?

Here are the results of what I did.

I measured three grip machines that I have. The NYB, the G-Rex and the BB.

This is what I did. I took a thin piece of plastic strap and using a marker, I carefully marked off the beginning and end of the total circumference of the bar itself and then with the bars pulled together as closely as possible.

The was easy on the NYB and the BB. The carriage of the G-Rex weighs 44 pounds and that makes it difficult, so I did the best that I could.

I measured the CIRCUMFERENCE of the bars, and I don't know HOW to get the diameter (sorry, I musta been asleep in math class on that day)... so all you math whizzes out there, here's your chance to impress us with your vast knowledge of such matters.

G-REX : bar - 3 1/4"; bars together - 5 3/4"

NYB : bar - 3 3/16"; bars together - 6 inches exactly

BB Grip : bar - 2 7/16"; bars together - 3 15/16"

G-REX gripper bar : 2 7/16"

DO YOU NOTICE SOMETHING??? The G-Rex gripper bar is the exact same circumference as the bars on the BB grip machine. I remeasured the tapes by putting them together... one against the other and it was a perfect match.

BTW, the gripper bars on the G-Rex do not come together - there is a gap.

Anyone with a BB grip machine that is going heavy on it (like I am), can you please tell me your findings - if any - on this. Thanks! :)

Here are the results of what I did.

I measured three grip machines that I have.  The NYB, the G-Rex and the BB.

The was easy on the NYB and the BB.  The carriage of the G-Rex weighs 44 pounds and that makes it difficult, so I did the best that I could.

I measured the CIRCUMFERENCE of the bars, and I don't know HOW to get the diameter (sorry, I musta been asleep in math class on that day)... so all you math whizzes out there, here's your chance to impress us with your vast knowledge of such matters.

BB Grip :  bar - 2 7/16"; bars together - 3 15/16"

G-REX gripper bar :  2 7/16"

Diameter= approximately 0.77 inch (3/4)

So now I need to order one. Too bad Warren/WWfitness dont use Fedex ground, shipping would be about $13 less. (Yes, I'm cheap).

So what's the span/closable area on this machine?

Are you asking how long are the bars on this machine??

how far from bar to bar?

On the G-Rex it's 8 inches on one side, 8 on the other (the gripper bars and pinch plates come in between)

On the NYB, it's 13.5 inches. And on the BBGM, it's a whopping 19 inches! :ohmy

So I need a hand span of 19" to get my hands around the bars?

What i'm asking for is the span, EG: How far does the bottom bar have to travel before it touches the top bar from it's initial resting point. (Vertically)

So I need a hand span of 19" to get my hands around the bars?

What i'm asking for is the span, EG: How far does the bottom bar have to travel before it touches the top bar from it's initial resting point. (Vertically)

The span is about 2.75" between both bars. ;)

When you use the word, "span"... I'm thinking you want something horizontally.

ironorr gave you the correct distance between the bars.