Beefbuilder Grip Machine

Sybersnott

I'm very excited about my latest progress on the BeefBuilder Grip Machine that I got shortly after Christmas.

I'm experimenting with it now using various grips and this is resulting in something that I haven't experienced since getting the SW! :ohmy Does anyone here have one? What do you think of it? What are you doing on it currently?

I'm thinking of doing an article and publishing my results; however I very much need feedback from others who also have the machine and the results that your getting. Thanks! :)

I don't have one just yet, but plans are in the works to nab one in the next few weeks. Apparently from the hype in your post that they're well worth the money spent on one? Now I can't resist...must...get....grip machine!

VeGripper

Syber,

What routine are you doing with it? Reps/Weight/Negatives/Positives/Single Hand/Double Hand etc.

T!

Apparently from the hype in your post that they're well worth the money spent on one?  Now I can't resist...must...get....grip machine!

It's not really the weight used (I'm using 160 pounds on it)... but the method that I using - changing hand positions and using different grips during the routine.

Guys with average to smaller-than-average sized hands would really benefit from this grip machine. I'll post a workout routine on it tomorrow. :happy

is it red and have 2 different handles you can change out and adjust the angle and the wieghts sit on top, i have one of those i am not sure if its the same thing, it can be alot harder than the grippers, if it is the same thing

is it red and have 2 different handles you can change out and adjust the angle and the wieghts sit on top, i have one of those i am not sure if its the same thing, it can be alot harder than the grippers, if it is the same thing

No, I think what you're describing is the PDA Gripinator. I'm talking about the BeefBuilder Grip Machine. The link below will show you what it looks like:

Click Here - BeefBuilder Grip Machine

O.K., well today I did another workout on it. This time, I changed plates and put on a bunch of 25 pound Oly plates. This allows me to stand closer to the machine, something that was a bit of a problem with the big 45's that I had on there.

I also bumped the weight up to 165.

Starting off, I pulled it up and did a two-hands negative regular grip. I would then let go with one hand (usually my left) and do one handed negs. Then a few seconds later, I would switch hands. I did this back and forth a few times, then dropped the weight and rested. Picking it up again, I changed hand positions - knuckles down - and did the same thing - dropped the weight and rested (the rest is about a minute or so). Picked it up again and did another set - regular grip - only this time I repped it out at the end a few times, then dropped the weight. By this time, my forearms are blazing fire!! :ohmy Now for my next set (changing grip), I use a "punch grip"... the top of my hand is horizontal to the base and the tips of my fingers are taking all the weight. I do switch negatives and it now feels like my hands are gonna get ripped apart. Ha! Do I listen to my hands? Nope. A few switch negatives and I drop the weight again. My forearms are now balloons. :happy When I am doing a hard grip workout and my forearms blow up, that tells me that I'm doing something right - that's just me YMMV. Now for the finisher.... regular two-hands grip and reps to failure.

Something I never do, I broke my own advice and did a workout today. I am gunning for 3 times a week instead of my usual 2 times a week. I normally do Mon./Thurs. grip workout... but since I'm feeling good and getting positive gains from this machine, I'm going to try a Mon./Wed./Fri. routine and see what happens. So my next grip workout is Friday.

I needed a great shakeup to shock my regular grip workouts and this machine is paying off big-time! This might be my ticket to the land of the MMG2. Not getting my hopes up... but so far, I am very excited about how my grip strength has improved because of using this machine. And that says volumes to this old dog! :laugh

I don't have one just yet, but plans are in the works to nab one in the next few weeks.  Apparently from the hype in your post that they're well worth the money spent on one?  Now I can't resist...must...get....grip machine!

VeGripper

Well I don't know about the BeefBuilder grip machine? But the machine I designed

"The Beast" is capable of holding 12 slim 20 kg plates and my bodyweight, total

728lbs, the handle bars are same diameter of #Coc grippers and the off set gripper style handles in the middle are 2mm slimmer, and without padding they hurt like hell. Pain is gain! anyway before I got this machine in Oct. 2004. I could only crush the #1 "Big deal" Anyway Ive only trained on this machine since, various Negatives, repping, holds, single and double hands, recently had a go with

#2 and crushed it. Remember I,ve not used the #Cocs since October...

In the past Ive also used ISGs, but I love my beast, I've never felt such muscle, joint, ligament, tendon pain and stimulation in any other training. PS I also love combining TTK double hand training with this Machine.

Catman aka Charlie

Catman

Snott,

I like how you're changing your grip to work the crush differently, especially the "punch" grip. Did you come up with this idea all yourself?

I know you got a G-Rex. I was kinda suprised when you said you got Warrens machine since it's a similar style. The way your talking about this machine they must be signifigantly different. How would you compare the two to each other?

(I'm not talking about price diff)

I glad you like your new torture device.

-HH

The way your talking about this machine they must be signifigantly different.  How would you compare the two to each other?

Hammerhead, they are a lot different from each other.

The main difference is the thickness of the bars themselves. On the G-Rex, the bars are much thicker AND there is that gap between the two when you pull them up together (this also happens on my beloved NYB).

On the BB grip machine - THERE IS NO GAP. The bars come smack together and the bars themselves are much smaller than those found on the G-Rex.

On the G-Rex, your body position would be kinda like using a wrist roller. On the BB machine, you are completely over the machine itself.

I'm going to have my friend take some pics of me using the BB to show you what I mean and also pics of the various hand positions that I use with the machine, including the infamous "punch" grip. And yes, as far as I know, that was my idea! :)

But the machine I designed "The Beast" is capable of holding 12 slim 20 kg plates and  my bodyweight, total 728lbs, the handle bars are same diameter of #Coc grippers and the off set gripper style handles in the middle are 2mm slimmer, and without padding they hurt like hell.

Catman,

Can you please post pics of your "Beast"... I'd really like to see that. I have a nice pic collection of different types of grip machines, and I'd like to add yours to that collection if I may. :)

It looks to me like a mini G-Rex! :bow I like the weight bars on the side; I was thinking about putting some additional weight bars like that on my new NYB.

But the machine I designed "The Beast" is capable of holding 12 slim 20 kg plates and  my bodyweight, total 728lbs, the handle bars are same diameter of #Coc grippers and the off set gripper style handles in the middle are 2mm slimmer, and without padding they hurt like hell.

Catman,

Can you please post pics of your "Beast"... I'd really like to see that. I have a nice pic collection of different types of grip machines, and I'd like to add yours to that collection if I may. :)

Yes sure Sybersnott,

Check out my gallery "catman's Pics" they are all there, just help youself.

catman

Sybersnott,

Would you be able to post some more pics of the Beefbuilder machine, or perhaps some dimensions. It would be helpful in comparing it to the IronMind Go-Really machine. I may even try to make my own. :blush

Thanks,

Ryan

It looks to me like a mini G-Rex:bow  I like the weight bars on the side; I was thinking about putting some additional weight bars like that on my new NYB.

Hi Syber,

How tall is the Grex, mine is 27" tall, and the sliding tubes are 2 1/2" diameter.

I feel that my machine is wider than the Grex. My handles meet, and for beyond the range I use the "Gripper Offset" handles, because my finger tips touch my palm when I fully clenched the handles, I can adjust the grip range from finger tip level or close range movements. anyway I've posted the dimensions in my gallery

I didn't use olympic diameter bars, as I wanted to use my 1" bore plates and 2"

bore plates. I like to reserve my Olympic plates for my barbell work

Catman

I was always under the impression that the Sorinex G-Rex was the favored, but it seems that the BB is. Does this sound about right?

I was always under the impression that the Sorinex G-Rex was the favored, but it seems that the BB is. Does this sound about right?

Well, let me put it this way.

You could drive a Cadillac or a Lexus... they are both nice cars - it depends what you like.

The G-Rex has it's place. The BB Grip Machine has it's place.

I have both and depending on what I want to do - I work with one or the other.

Right now I'm doing work on the BB. The G-Rex awaits me later on! :happy

(Hint: one is my girlfriend - the other is my wife! :blink:laugh )

Anthony, good questions.

I will take measurements tomorrow and get back with you on the results of my findings.

Snott, how much is the machine, and how many 45lb plates can it hold?

OldGuy..Cost $84.99 & $89.99, it has a 14 inch loading spindle

With the given width of most 45s these days of 1.25 inches, it will hold

around 11. If your 45s are 1.5 inches it will hold about 9

2 inchers would be 7

However, looking at the machine pic again, it may not be wide enough for

45s?

Edited by zcor

However, looking at the machine pic again, it may not be wide enough for

45s?

You can put 45's on it... I should know because I've put 45's on it myself.

The pic on the WLW site doesn't really show the machine the way it really is. I really need to take some pics and post them up. It can hold the 45's and even the big 100 pound plates. BTW, I have the Oly spindle on my machine.

I was able to put 17 ten pound Oly plates on it and still have room to spare for my hands. :happy