Block Weight Wrist Curls

opnsysme

So I will attempt to track my progress with a consistant #3 close here. My posts will include grip related exercises only , though I do full body training.

I will train only with the block weight and the grippers themselves. Routine is for both hands

Tonight

25lb hex block wt wrist curl 5x5 (palm up)

25lb hex block wt wrist curl hold (palm down)

HG300 2 closes for warm-up

#3 in hose clamp, clamped to 1 3/8ths inch 2 closes rh , 1/4 open LH plus 3-5 attempts both hands

I feel when I can get 5 reps of the #3 at this spread I will open it up 1/8th inch at a time.

I will do this program Monday, Wenesday and Friday resting the other days.

Edited by opnsysme

I completed the above routine and it was interesting to note that my RH was stronger at the block curl than my left, which it is also stronger on the grippers.

I may increase the reps though, as the above routine was only moderatlty hard and I have no soreness or other signs of fatigue.

I decided to up the number of reps and got a great workout, Last night Idid the following:

block weight wrist curls 5 sets 0f 7 w/ 25lbs

reverse (holds) with same weight 3 reps each hand

25lb hex block wt wrist curl 3x10 (palm up)

25lb hex block wt wrist curl hold (palm down)

HG300 2 closes for warm-up

#3 in hose clamp, clamped to 1 3/8ths inch 2 closes rh , 1/4 open LH plus 3-5 attempts both hands

At this new width for the #3 I was able to get 3 singles with about 2 minutes of rest between each attempt so I'm excited. I was lazy last night and only did 3x10 instead of 5x7.

LAst night

heavy shot rotation for a warmup

HG300 2 singles for a warmup

#3 clamped 3 single and about 5 attempts afterwards

2 attempts at HG300 for cool down

I think I need to figure out another exercise for the reverse block curl, the weight is just to much for me now, but its important to work the extensors so I will come up with a new exercise. Any suggestions?

Yes, just do some light reverse wrist curls with a dumbell. This will strengthen slowly as the extensors are a lot weaker than the flexors and you don't want an injury.

Train smart.

David

Did my routine Friday night and was the same, feeling a little stronger in the wrists though. I also am feeling stronger in my #3 attempts. Personally its hard to keep from training the grippers every day. But I know I'm getting adequate rest this way.

heavy shot rotation for a warmup

#3 clamped 3 single and about 5 attempts afterwards

I missed Mon's workout because of work, I didn't get home till 1 am and just went to bed. Wednesday routine:

#3 clamped 3 singles and about 5 attempts afterwards

3x10 reverse wrist curl with grip plate 10lbs (light)

Last night:

Reverse wrist curls 3x8 30lbs

block weigth wrist curls 5x8 25lbs

#1x5 both hands

filed #2x 3 both hands

#3 choked to 1 5/8 x 3 singles right hand 0x left hand

filed #2x2

I let the #3 out another 1/8th inch to 1 5/8 now, and still got 3 singles so I'm making progress, hopefully in a couple weeks I will be at the 2 inch mark and can do MM0 leading into MM1 and then CC #3.