Eagle Loop Deadlifts

Jeff Parker

Got my eagle loops in and tried a deadlift with them. I thought it would be hard, but it was surpisingly eaiser than I thought. My fingers didnt feel like they were working until I got over 300. I maxed out with a 409, but since this was in my garage where it was around 20 deegres, and I didnt have a weight belt on, I dont think my back was as strong as it could have been. I am going to take them to the gym on saterday and see what I can do.

Also did some rows with them, and they felt really good.

Aren't you supposed to feel it in your fingers with them eagle loops? :tongue

Nice going, never tried eagle loops myself, but it looks like a mean exercise for the fingers. In ironmind catalog there is this guy doing hanging leg raises with eagle loops...ouch!

What knuckle do you rest them on? I'd assume as close as possible to your hand for deadlifts.

I've got them on my chin up bar right now and I try to work every section of my fingers.

If you curl your fingers, you can see 3 parts to it. I put the loops in the second part, the one that is flat. I guess it is between the first and seconf knuckle.

Very cool. Check out Rick Walker's gallery for an awesome picture of him pulling 600 with the eagle loops. That is something I would definitely hang in my gym for motivation.

wow, 600. that is an impressive lift! I took them to the gym today and maxed out with 455. Man did my fingers hurt after that!

I got about 435 when I first tried these, I think I'll start using them as a trap exercise to do deadholds on while getting some grip work done.

I also did shrugs with them, by the time a set was done my fingers were fried. I had to do my last set of shrugs with a normal grip cause I could hold onto the loops anymore.