Grip Assault 2005

murphtps

TPS is hosting the Grip Assault contest on Feb 5 2005. Events will be One-inch v bar, grippers, 3" bar dl, 1 hand pinch, and rt. The event will be at TOTAL PERFORMANCE SPORTS, 305 Broadway, Everett, Mass. More details to follow. This will be a qualifying event for the Diesel GGC 2005.

www.totalperformancesports.com

TPS is hosting the Grip Assault contest on Feb 5 2005. Events will be 3" v bar, grippers, 3" bar dl, 1 hand pinch, and rt. The evnt will be at TOTAL PERFORMANCE SPORTS, 305 Broadway, Everett, Mass. More details to follow. This will be a qualifying event for the Diesel GCG 2005.

www.totalperformancesports.com

qualifying event?? so the GGC 2005 is not gonna be an open sign up?

At this time, yes. It will be open sign-up, but it will benefit you to attend a qalifier. More details to come.

-Jedd-

Good point. What is a three inch v-bar? Three inches around at the top? Maybe he means 3 foot vbar?

-Jedd-

Good point.  What is a three inch v-bar?  Three inches around at the top?  Maybe he means 3 foot vbar?

-Jedd-

He must have meant 3 foot. The v-bar we've been using looks like and feels like the one at the GGC, except I think the base might be a different shape.

-d

Good point.  What is a three inch v-bar?  Three inches around at the top?  Maybe he means 3 foot vbar?

-Jedd-

He must have meant 3 foot. The v-bar we've been using looks like and feels like the one at the GGC, except I think the base might be a different shape.

-d

Hey guys sorry about the confusion.

murph ment to say 1inch v-bar.

forgive me for allowing him to post here

Dave is right, I meant 1" v-bar, the same as used at the GGC, but a replica. At least I only put my posts up once beeeyyyotch!

Smitty, where's my Video?

I just checked my original post! I said 1" v-bar!!!!!! Who started this 3" v-bar stuff.

The original post says 3" bar dl. THAT IS AN EVENT.

Say you're sorry Purty Dave.

Dave is right, I meant 1" v-bar, the same as used at the GGC, but a replica.

There is only one original (which is in X-act gym, Löddeköpinge, Sweden) but a couple of dozens replicas made out of the same batch of iron as the original. Will a LGC-replica be used in the competition? If this is indeed the case, the results (if the European/GGC rules are adhered to) will be eligible for the top 50 v-bar ranking list.

Next competition where a LGC v-bar replica is going to be used may otherwise be the LGC XII in January. There is a good chance that the European v-bar champion Johan Albrektsson will beat the Swedish record which stands at 150k. He has apparently done a lot more in training (even exceeded Jim Wylie's WR).

[Ours is homemade (the v0bar), I'll see if we can get a hold of a legiy one. I don't think it will be a problem.

Applications are done, I will post them on my website for download this week.

I plan on attending even if I don't compete, just for the experience

of seeing one and meeting people from the board. I live about an hour away.

This is ok isn't it?

I thought I saw 3" v-bar, I must have had a senior moment, sorry. You can take it

out on me at the contest.

I looked at that post a couple of times, and I am pretty sure it did say 3". If Murph takes it out on you, I'll take it out on him. haha. I bet he's shaking in his sneakers right now!!

I just checked my original post! I said 1" v-bar!!!!!! Who started this 3" v-bar stuff.

The original post says 3" bar dl. THAT IS AN EVENT.

Say you're sorry Purty Dave.

A moderator changed it, guys. Tom and the rest of the guys are not crazy, while Murph is losing it as always.

Murph - what video do you need from Smitty?

-Jedd-

Is the 3inch bar deadlift with two hands or just one?

-Jedd-

I plan on attending even if I don't compete, just for the experience

of seeing one and meeting people from the board. I live about an hour away.

This is ok isn't it?

paul...if your gonna be the you might as well compete instead of standing around watching. its more fun competing.

Are you allowed to cup it by putting the thumb beneathe the bar, or does the thumb have to oppose the fingers?

Thanks,

-Jedd-

Hey Vigeants - Are you planning on going?

-Jedd-

• 2 weeks later...