A Gripmas Carol

Sean Dockery

Oh I am sure...

I think we should ask Dave Guy over for some old time fun with little guy toss and catch, overhead press...I think I might be able to play that game now, but more likely I will be the tossee for a few more months...

Have you talked to Nick Cox or Carr about going over?

I haven't talked to them in a while.

T

Yeah, I told Cox and Carr about it. They said they might make it. Which reminds me that I need to call them. I'm also trying to get Big Daddy Dan to come.

Sweet more time to spend on the phone...

I'll bring some re-bar, assorted sizes, I'm not much of a bender though :unsure

I'm sure Jake will bring it

Edited by Eli72

I cant believe that anyone would even question wether or not I am bringing the anvil...I am so proud of that thing I take it with me everywhere I go these days.

I even got it all shined up and ready to go on a road trip.

Cant wait till Sat. by the way I am bringing a buddy also. Sean it's Brent Adams... the guy you got your 140 dumbell off of.

To whoever reads this, please drop me a PM if you're coming to the Gripmas party Sat, I want to have enough food and gifts for everyone.

Climber511

Pat,

I wish you could make it too. You'd take the craziness to a whole new level. And you've got to meet Nick's brother Stew, he's a man after your own heart. I guess we'll just have wait til Night of Strength...

I'll do some blob lifting with weight hanging from my head in your honor.

Saturday’s Gripmas Carol

We got it all

Pinch stuff from ¼” to 5” – plate loadable

All the normal iron plates to pinch – 10, 25, 35, 45’s etc

Some hex blobs

Several York or copy Blobs plus a PDA Blobette

Apollon Axle

2.5” DB

Holle DB

Rolling Thunder

Bending stuff from easy to evil

Sledge Hammers

Lever Bars

Grippers from #1 to #4 and stuff in between

Hub lift on hub and plates with hubs

Stones – different weights

Anvil

A couple grip machines to play on

A set of bumbers plates for Eli to show his stuff on one hand lifts

Wrist Rollers – 3 sizes

V – Bar

And God only knows what all else might be there.

We got chili, burgers, and the trimmings – we got a Gripmas tree - we got old guys, young guys, and folks in the middle – weak guys and strong guys - all we need is YOU – so skip what you got going Sat and come to the Gripmas Carol get together. Don’t miss out !!

PS I forget - an Inch DB is coming too.

Edited by climber511

Hi I am a novice grip trainer. I live in columbus ohio I was wondering if i could train with you guys?

thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy - Sure you can come, and welcome to the grip world. I sent you a PM with directions climber511

Where in Columbus do you live Jeremy. I live in Grandveiw and Sean and jake live in Hilliard. Join in the fun! :D

Jake-

The chili was freakin sweet!

Chris-

Thanks a ton for a sweet time in Crooksville.

To All-

Great times! Good to see a bunch of guys chillin, movin some iron around with authority!

Lookin forward to the video.

T

Ohio Gripmas Carol Get Together by climber511

Dec 2004 get together was held at climber511’s garage. Eleven gripsters were there and had a great time, or at least I did. There was at least one of about everything a lifter could ever want there. With that many peoplke moving iron all at the same time in one garage, I’m sure a lot happened that I didn’t see but Nick had a camcorder going and got at least most of it. Everybody wrote down their PR’s and things they were happy to have done at the end. I’m just going to list what everybody wrote down. Some of these feats I know need witness or video proof but I’m sure that’s available.

Jeremy Sipple – Zercher DL 264# New PR

2 25# plate pinch

Eli Keiner – 2 Blob “cylinders at same time, one weighs 65#, one weighs 70#

Bent a few nails and a horseshoe – the horse shoe bend was the only time I saw Eli huffing and puffing.

184# one arm snatch – he had 198# over head and just lost it forward

2 – 45# plate pinch each hand – he should have tried both hands at the same time, I think he can do it easily.

Rolling Thunder 175 right – 150 left at the same time

Closed 2004 COC #3

One arm snatched a 140# keg and caught it on his shoulder

Fellows, I’ve got to say it – Eli is a beast – keep watching this guy. He also Apollon Axle DL – double overhand about 400# and broke 440# off the floor. 300# V-bar too.

Cliff Keiner – York Blob clean and press

Inch DL

200# Rolling Thunder

Jake Brooks

One arm snatch of 154# new PR

Rolling Thunder of 160# New PR

York Blob left hand – PR

65# cylinder blob – PR left

V-bar 225#

COC #3 Right hand

120# anvil Horn both hands

140# two hand keg snatch by handles

Bent a 60d common nail

T Sands

Apollon Axle DL 275# double overhand PR

V-bar 250# New PR

158# stone to shoulder

120# Anvil lift Right and left hand PR

100# headstrap lift PR

Sean Dockery

Bent press of 80# stone – impressive lift!

Apollon Axle double overhand – 319#

York Blob toss from hand to hand – 4 reps

Chris Rice (climber511)

Apollon Axle of 340# - had 352 to knees and couldn’t finish it

120# Anvil by horn right and left hand

120# Anvil by the other end right handed – kind of a flat horn shape

V-bar left hand 275# - right hand 300# new PR

Lifted 50# York Blob – first time ever and I got it 3 times – Happy gripster!

Tried COC #3 on tape and got real close, hoping to get it at the next get together , I’ll try it before I get so tired.

Now these guys did a lot of other lifts that to me were pretty out there, but if it wasn’t a PR, and it didn’t get written down, I didn’t report it. There were also 4 other guys there and they didn’t write anything down. I hope Nick has some film on them to show. I remember Nick did 2-45’s too but I think he’s done it before. All in all, my first Ohio grip get together sure won’t be my last. It was a really fun day!!!!!!

Hey guys I haven't had a chance to reply been awful busy with the holidays. But I would like to say I had a great time thanks to Chris for having us out you have a great set up there.You also did some pretty impressive stuff I hope to still be able to do half that at your age :bow .

Thanks to all the guys that brought equipment especially to Doc for that blob I finally got Ya! Jake the chilli was great but I still couldn't pick that inch must take larger dosagesof it. It was really cool getting to meet the new guys .

Well all in all Ihad a great time even though for what ever reason I couldn't get tha damn horshoe this time but Doc now that I know the right way on those eagle loop 2finger one arms you better believe I'll start practicing :bow:bow:mosher to everyone there might not see you next month but I garuntee I'll be at the nos.