A Gripmas Carol

Sean Dockery

In the spirit of the season, the Central Ohio Chapter of Gripaholics Anonymous invites all gripsters to attend our monthly meeting. Come meet the faces behind the avatars! Pass on your training insights and learn from others. Hit PRs. Try a new feat. Watch new exercises get made up on the spot.

Climber511 will graciously host. PM him for directions.

Saturday, December 18th, 2004

Starts at noon.

Please reply in this thread if you will be attending.

I'm going to try to make it will know for sure next week . Trying to talk the wife into making it a weekender even told her she could go shopping.

I'd like to invite anyone interested down for the Ohio Gripmas get together at my place December 18 th at 12 noon. I've bent and hung up the Gripmas tree and decked it out with bent steel (finally a use for that stuff). I'm even going to sweep the floor. Gripmas presents for all attending - cheap stuff, of course. So come on down and have some fun. I can't wait to meet some fellow Gripboard members. PM me for direction.

Climber511

I'm getting excited!

Who's bringing what?

I'm bringing: Blobs, 2" bar, a couple grippers, 2.5" dumbell, Inch replica.

I want to see what the Kiener boys can clean and press/jerk on the 2.5" dumbell...

If all goes well and my old chevy makes it home, I will be there.

Since I takin the truck I will bring just about all I have as I will be training out of my truck from December 17th til the new year.

Blobs (30,35,40,45,50), Hubbable 45's, Grippers, other misc. toys.

See y'all then!

T

I am in for sure! MY video cam is in the shop. LOng story. I think i will have it back by the 18th. I hope anyway :blush

me and my brother will be there and maybe a guy from new lex who is pretty strong. Is there any thing I need to bring, kegs, stones,...? I'll bring all the homemade grip stuff we've got :rock

I'll head down SR669 around 11:30 :D

Eli

I think Climber511's got plenty of stuff to keep us busy. No need to bring stones, etc.

Bring the grip toys, and yourselves!

I think Climber511's got plenty of stuff to keep us busy.  No need to bring stones, etc.

Bring the grip toys, and yourselves!

Eli - actually if you have a "small" stone, I'd love to try it. I've never had a chance to try one of them.

From what I hear, we may have to be clear on the term small for Eli as he is a beast. When I think of small, what maybe 100-150 pounds, now when he thinks of small I am not to sure that is the range that comes to mind.

Chris what are you calling small?

I too would like to mess with some stones but I doubt I will budge much over 150, but we'll see.

Eli, what do you have and what are you bringin with ya?

Countin the days....

T

Edited by T Sands

Nick,

What do you think the odds of me pickin that 195 off the ground are, realistically, you know the shape and the texture and my approx. strength level...?

T

Only one way to find out, bud. Grab'er and Growl!

I've heard stories about Jake's chili.....I pity the folks that are riding home with Nicki and I.......

I have limestone and granit, I'll pick the most round ones and bring an array w/ me say 75-300lbs :rock

I have to weigh them this weekend, we have piles so I'm sure I'll find some we can use :D

I'll bring our Homade toys: RT, pinch block, vertical bar, and probably 2 kegs w/ water. I think Jake is bringing a 2.5"thick bar

Doc, Maybe the genetics in that family aren't the secret.Maybe it's the chili. :blink

If that's the case, I'm stealing Jake's recipe and living off that chili for the next 20 years. ;)

Just 5 more days....

Board up the windows, lock up your grippers, evacuate the village!

Cause we're coming to town....

Crooksville simply is not ready for us.

You think you know, but you have no idea.

Edited by Sean Dockery

BTW I put up some pics on my gallery and in workout reports under New PR

Looking good Eli!

I wonder if we can get Jake to bring his new anvil out on Saturday????

Is anyone bringing anything to bend?

Horseshoes? Ironmind nails? Grade 5's or 8's? Frying Pans?

Not that I will do it, but it would be fun to watch.

T

Edited by T Sands

I'll bring some bending stock. Horseshoes, nails, bolts...I've even got a skillet around here somwhere. I'm sure Stew will do some bending. Nicki's got some cards to tear. Beyond that I don't know. Anyone want to bring some 3/8" rebar? My 1/2" stuff is too tough right now.

Don't worry Travis...we'll keep you busy.