Percentage Based Progams

dannyboy

you know the programs, some are around 10 weeks.

week one you do 75% of your 1rm for lets say 8 reps

week 2 you do 78% for 6 reps

blah blah blah

and finally on week 10 you are going for 103 - 105% of your previous 1rm

every time i do this kind of prog it works no doubt BUT after i peak my strength gradually over time fades to how it was. i have no problem peaking but i cant keep it. what am i doing wrong? should i be taking time off after? should i start doing higher reps?

This type of periodization training never worked for me. I had pretty good luck with the westside percentage training (60percent 8x3or ramping up each week singles in deadlift)and the 3x3 (3 times a week 3 lifts) program even 5x5 like on JV Askems site, was not bad but the peaking thing didn't work.

This type of periodization training never worked for me. I had pretty good luck with the westside percentage training (60percent 8x3or ramping up each week singles in deadlift)and the 3x3 (3 times a week 3 lifts) program even 5x5 like on JV Askems site, was not bad but the peaking thing didn't work.

oh i love some aspects of westside, especialy speed bench and squat.

makes me feel pretty powerfull. but some of their training is geared towards ppl who are wering bench shirts or squat suits, for eg board press.