So.cal.grip Gathering

Steve B.

Just a reminder the So.Cal. grip gathering is getting closer.If your going to attend you should be training hard getting ready.We have around 16 grippers who have said they will attend.My list is as follows,

Clay

Porkbone

Steve B.

Banana Fingers

King Crusher

Super squeeze

Gorilla Hands

Handgripperman

Meatloaf

Devlin

Tinysnickersbrewer

Devlin

Zpassman1

M.Hooker

TJSinsay

Jeff Broadsky

Grant Sigafoo

Porkbone also has a list if your not on this one that may have some other names.

If your not on the list and want to stop by p.m.Porkbone or SteveB.for directions and info.As said before any grip enthusiast is welcome to stop by.

Steve, we can add one more name to the list - Tim Mendohlson. He is on another board and lives in the LA area. Says he used to drink beer and tear phonebooks with his buddies when he was a youngster and still does some of this stuff.

This is gonna kick ass. And steve b. volunteered to cook us all hamburgers so dont' worry we can just mooch off of him Dec 11th

hahahahah

I am so EXCITED! This is gonna be an event to remember FOREVER

MEAT

And meatloaf going to give everyone foot massages after were done.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY is there gonna be alcohol at the gathering? Just curious and also, Steve B, you should try to PM everybody and ask them to all chip in with like $5 each so we can order a bunch of pizzas. They could probably all chip in like #2.50 if we got the $5 hot and ready little caesar's large pizzas, but $5 sounds better cause it would cover little caesar AND whatever drinks we get. Of course I wouldn't have to pay because people will get free autographs on request. Because I am so generous.

MEAT

I'll chip in for the pizzas, and I've got a case of bottled water in the back of my truck already.

Clay,

That sounds good.I will have a cooler with ice,gatorade and water also.We will probabley have some snack food also chips,M&m's stuff like that.I will have a case of beer for the beer drinkers that stay when pizza time comes.Also after yesterdays grip session i will have some first aid supplies on hand for torn hands.

It should all work out well.

Hey guys - This is a little up in the air for me but I'm a possibility depending on work.

I'll pm someone for directions.

Brett

A friend of mine who I'm staying with the night before the gathering says he wants to come check out the grip stuff too, so put me down for Clay + 1. This guy has closed a #2 with no training, hits around 170 on the dyno, and has some of the thickest untrained lower arms I've seen. He's also my tattoo artist.

Just a reminder less than two weeks Dec.11th is the grip gathering.Mark your calender if your attending.See you all here.

Steve

I will definitely be there. Got this Friday off work and will be at Steve's bright and early Saturday morning with my buddy Matt.

Supersqueeze,

We will try to get going around 9:00 am.Dress warm the mornings have been in the hi 40's but gets into the low 60's later on.You can show up though when ever you want.There's no certian time you have to be here.We will go untill it gets dark around 4:30 or 5:00.See ya here!

Is anyone going to have a camera... it would be cool to document this madness and post it. I have a little crap ass digital camera... no focus and it takes forever to take a shot... so if anyone has anything better it would be cool if you could bring it.

make sure that you file down your calluses for that gnarley wrist roller that Steve has

Meat - don't worry, I'll bring my $5 for the hoes ;)

see you guys tomorrow!

Just found this.

Look foreward to reading about this.

Quite a cast of characters.

A 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' sort of a feel.

Who will be Mr. Martini?

Yep the gig is on.

Meatloaf,Porkbone and Handgripperman brought over 1300lbs. of plates and

dumbells today for those guys that ordered them for block weights and plates.There all here just have to cut em now.Ther will be about twenty guys here.What did i get myself into?LOL

Really though i can't wait to learn from some of the best.It will be a great day.

Looking forward to it Steve - Should be a great day

BTW - $5 is on it's way.

Brett

After five and a half hours on the road this morning starting at 5, I made it to Southern California and am at Matt's house. Played a little golf today and then demonstrated some feats to Matt's family. He probably won't come tomorrow because it is his wife's birthday but that's cool

Clay we're waitin for ya buddy!

Also the five bucks only applies to the guys who want to stay after words for pizza.

Edited by Steve B.

I've just got done packing my stuff (well, almost), and I'll be heading up in the morning. I'm bringing something like 15 grippers, bending stock of various kinds, fat bastard jug handle, fat bastard 2.5" crusher and loading pin, and a couple styles of homemade metal pinchblocks that snap onto my loading pin with a carabiner. I'm ready to rock! I know i need sleep, but its hard for me to get over the excitement. See ya there!

Well, it's 7am and we're just starting to move around again. I feel like I was beaten with a power bar. What an awesome time I had. I'll post a full report sometime either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks very much to Steve B for his hospitality of hosting all us grip goons and for letting me stay here last night.

The So.cal grip gathering was feakin awesome! I'm totally inspired by all the great feats of strength that I witnessed yesterday. Everyone was totally cool... no egos at all.

Thanks Steve for holding this awesome event at your home and thanks to everyone else for bringing their toys and sharing the knowledge!!!!!

thanks to Clay and PorkBone I will now call SBC and order 40 phone books to tear to pieces!!!!!

-Jeff B