Floorpressing

EmEx

Hi, im just curios how many pounds you guys floorpress, raw without shirt or anything?

Im a beginner please dont laugh i weight 110 pounds and my current floorpress weight is 95pounds, how heavy are you and how much do you press?

Also what is your opinion of a good floorpress for a guy my weight(im 21)?

Thank you

What a strange question......either way a double at 335 is my best floor press.

I don't recall if it was a double or a triple but I think I have done 225lbs. in the floor press, with a thickbar. Even looking back in my training log I could not locate the exact poundages even with a search. 335 is an excellent floor press Darco.

I don't recall if it was a double or a triple but I think I have done 225lbs. in the floor press, with a thickbar.  Even looking back in my training log I could not locate the exact poundages even with a search.  335 is an excellent floor press Darco.

Thx for your replies 335 definitly sounds huge i dont understand why Darco thinks its a strange question thou.

I'd imagine he thinks it's an unusual lift to inquire about. Not many practice it, I am the only one I've ever seen do it, except for my training partner once. I just realized I never answered your question and I think you should shoot for a 200lbs. floor press. Definately do not count out other press lockouts in your training for this goal.

Edited by foggymountainmuscle

I've done 470 at about 230 or 240 a few years ago.

Gary, it would seem you picked up my mental "shining". I was wondering as I posted ~How much can Gary do ? (I saw the pic of the car lift a while back) Beautiful lift man.

EmEx: 185-225lbs would be a sweet lift at your body weight.

Alot of lockouts in the rack too.....I've got 800 off the pins at the top before. The back of that car was around 700 after the full weight came off the ground.

• 3 months later...
Hi, im just curios how many pounds you guys floorpress, raw without shirt or anything?

Im a beginner please dont laugh i weight 110 pounds and my current floorpress weight is 95pounds, how heavy are you and how much do you press?

Also what is your opinion of a good floorpress for a guy my weight(im 21)?

Thank you

I was wondering if you've been training this lift, and have you seen improvement ?

• 2 weeks later...

Floor Press 250, Pressed 550+ off pins at very top position (3'' ROM)

18 y/o 200lbs

Edited by Kurt Lane

Kurt I seem to remember you much lighter in BW, you been gaining weight lately?

Make it a triple at 335 from me now. :) @ 184

And I wont be hitting the floor press for another 8 weeks !

Edited by Darco

Great numbers guys. I have never tried the floor press. I will though.

And then when I find my actual floor press max...I'm going to add 100 pounds to that number. And then double it. That's what I'll report. :trout

I did mine on bench in a power rack. I had the pins where when I raised up my arms, at shoudler width distance, the bar was about the middle of my forearm. It's been awhile so I don't remember the exact poundages but it 455-465 range. I was weighing around 220 at the time. I don't know if this counts as a floor press or not. I know I won't ever do them again. I messed up my shoulder doing these and it hurt forever and still does some days. I think where I went wrong was I was starting from the bottom position instead of starting off of pins and then lowering it to that postion and pressing.

Great numbers guys.  I have never tried the floor press.  I will though. 

And then when I find my actual floor press max...I'm going to add 100 pounds to that number.  And then double it.  That's what I'll report. :trout

How dare you expose my system ! :angry:

climber I was around 170 at the time of the GGC (September) :D

I might as well add that my training partner hit 295 on the floor press first time trying the lift, his max bench was about 260. We do alot of tricep work.

Might as well add that I've never budged anything heavier then 425 for the super short ROM's.

So Kurt you have MAD lock out power.

Edited by Darco