Wringing Out The Towel (your Opinion Please)

kelby

i am thinking of starting the wringing out the towel for training, and also pull ups with a thick rope. will these two exercises help with moving up to the next level grippers. according to john brookfield, they are a goldmine of exercises. please give your opinion. lots of opinion please.

rope pull ups are good climbing the rope is even better

Maybe you should try wringing the towel out with mittens on, or something grossly inhibiting.

but when you add water to the bucket and throw in the towel, then try and wring out all the water into the bucket at the same level as before. i think you have to use alot of strength and gripping strength to do that. it should greatly inhance the grip shouldn't it.

Wringing out wet towel is probably better as a general lower arm/hand strengthener. I do not think much will transfer to crush, bending, pinch, levering or thick bar but, I think if you are an arm wrestler it could be a very good excercise.

Just my thoughts... 'Cause for about 6-8 weeks I would wring out my shirt after bball (during summer) and then pre-wash it in the shower and it does work the lower arm but, I saw no affect on crush. This could be a good thing though as it will not adversely affect crush either.

Rope pull-ups are awesome. Not sure if they will positively affect your crush on the grippers well though. They tend to be tough on the hands. Once they become 2nd nature I'm sure they will have some positive tranfer to grippers though.

Find out for yourself and report your progress. I'm interested.

-Keith

They are both good exercises, but for COC grippers, your better off training with the grippers.

I have been doing no leg rope climbs with the wrestling team I coach and they are awesome but in my opinion will affect your crush. I did some today before my gripper workouts and am having a hell of a time doing strap holds. Probably okay but your hands will need time to adjust. Also have you considered doing towel pull ups? Same concept as the rope pull ups but you must squeeze against an object that will solidify only under your power where a rope is dense on its own.

-SMP