New Pr

Eli72

I did a snatch workout yesterday and after my power snatches I did 1 arm power snatches w/ eleiko bar and plates. I did 4x4 last set left and right hand was 145lbs then 154lbs x3 each hand. I was pumped I went on to do keg snatches and after that I thought I would try 174lbs so I missed it w/my right took a minuite and then smoked it, I then missed w/ my left. I had to tell somebody because I am really pumped w/ 174lbs and I shootin for 200lbs

What do ya'll think

Congrats on your new PR!!

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks

I needed to tell somebody and who better than ya'll

I'm going for 242lbs 1 arm clean&jerk next week

Edited by Eli72

Thanks

I needed to tell somebody and who better than ya'll

I'm going for 242lbs 1 arm clean&jerk next week

Are you F-ing kidding me? 242 1 arm c/j???? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? You're 23 or 24, right? Did you use straps or hook grip to hold onto that weight?

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

I would like to respectfully "ditto" Meat's post. Impressive number to me even for two hands. One handed would be outrageous and very near world record poundage. I think Bob Burtzloff has done 264 pounds one handed. He weighed upper 200s at the time. Much respect.

Bob told me the story of the above mentioned one hand clean and jerk. I think it was done overseas but I really don't remember too many details, except this one: He said that after he jerked the 264 and after the requisite pause for the judges-he "tossed" the barbell to the other outstretched hand. OUCH! :bow He doesn't seem to be the type to exaggerate either.

I gotta see a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing video of this shit. This is amazing.

Great work brother. You've got my respect.

-Jedd-

A quick perusal of the IAWA (The International Affiliate for the USAWA) site shows the world record in the Right-Hand C&J as being 125.0kg/275.5lbs, with quite a few athletes in the 110kg/242lbs range. So, whilst someone GOING FOR a 110kg/242lb lift is damned impressive (and yes, I would like to see any video) it is at least "believable" in my book.

I'm 23 6'2" 275lbs

I've a done 1 arm C/j w/210lbs that was the first time I'd ever done it and I smoked it, the same goes for the 1 arm snatch, I'd never done it w/bar only DB's

242 is my goal and I will get it before Xmas.

I will get some video do I need a digital camera? I'm not a computer wiz

Thanks

I had a decent squat workout today

I did 6 triples the last being 484lbs rock bottom

I then went to 506lbs and doubled it rock bottom the second rep was ugly but got up

I was sick saturday w/a bad case of ass piss :cry so I was happy that I had a good lift and didn't have to run to the bath room :D

Well I've been workin on how many 10lb plates I can pick up and I'm stuck at 5

5 isn't too bad but 6 seems impossible every time I think they're about to come up the out side 2 flip out.

I introduced my coleague to the grip world and I think he's gettin hooked. he can almost close a #3 and can get 5 10's. every day we have some little contest to have braggin rights

I've wanted to try 25's, 35's, and 45's but right now all we have is Eleiko but we ordered some steel, can't wait till it gets here :whistel

Eli

Just finished todays workout and I 1 arm power snatched 184lbs!!! w/ my right hand, w/no touches form the left and I held it for about 6 sec ,NO STRAPS. left wasn't feeling strong today only made it to 154. I tried 198lbs but it wasn't gonna happen so I moved on and finished the workout. I added more water to my keg 152lbs now and did some snatches and finished w/ shrugs

Eli

Edited by Eli72

Thanks

I'll keep everyone posted

I think tomarow I'm gonna deadlift for the first time in years should be interesting

Does anyone know of any strongman, powerlifting, or grip competitions around OH, PA, WV, KY, IN or any where close?

Thanks

Eli

today I deadlifted nothing impresive but after all the work I got on the computer while the football team tested their vertical jumps after they finished the other two coaches wanted to test their vert so I got up (cold) and jumped 33" @280lbs that's better than when I played :rock

Eli

can anyone help me w/posting a video from VHS to the computer? I don't have a digital video camera. I'm gonna tape my workouts and post them but I'm a hillbilly and ain't too good w/PC :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't really done anything for 2 weeks(deer season, working on the weight room,...) But today I snatched and I was pleased. I tripled 242 power snatch and missed 264 by a hair. Then I went on to 1 arm snatch and ended w/ 188lbs!!! no straps, right hand :rock . I then went to 193 w/strap and the damn strap wouldn't let the bat roll :(

I have some pics I will post as soon as I find someone w/ scanner :whistel

Eli, first I want to say you are a beast :bow great job . I can't wait to see pictures especially if you get the 242.

Hope to see you on the 18th down there at somerset I think I'm going I know my brother and all them are if your going hope you also bring your brother (he is also pretty impressive.

If anybody wants to see eli in action I believe their will be some video clips of him going on the board this week from nick104 titled under turkey day +1 get together at Hillard. Him and his brother do some pretty impressive feats.

Way to go Eli keep knockem down :mosher Ihope I'm just worthy enough to rack the weight for you.

Thanks,

I just tried to post the pics from a kodak pic cd but it says the files are too large to post so I guess I'm going to have to find a scanner :(