Mini-gathering Last Night

Clay Edgin

Hammerhead was in the area on personal business and he stopped by my place last night around 7:30 and we gripped for four hours. Watch out for this guy - next time he sees a red, that thing is going down real quick. With a 30 second tutorial on wrapping and hand placement, he matched his PR of a 1/4" G5 bend, then absolutely destroyed a grade 8. We joked about it being mislabeled, it was that easy. Then I gave him a piece of plated 5/16" CRS that was as hard as a red to start but easier a the end and he crushed that down to about 1". Then I gave him a piece of some nasty 5/16" CRS I had that I think is tougher than a red, but not as tough as a FBBC bar. Sure enough, it melted too. All these bends looked legal to me, and each one was crushed way under 2"

About 10:45 he decided he could do another G8, this time on video. About halfway through I could tell something was up and he goes "This thing is off center" and continues to fight it. He spends a while on the crush and finally unwraps it to reveal a bolt that is at least 1" off center:

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/EriksG8.jpg

No wonder it wouldn't crush down! The battery on my camera was dying as I was transferring the last big of HH's video to the computer. I jumped from a 1/4" G2 to a 5/16" G5 and fought it for a while. I don't know how I got it to bend, but it did. I had nothing in the tank when it came to crush it down to 2", so it remains at 2 1/8" I can live with that.

We put on Big Steve's DVD and were practicing card tearing right along with him too. I cornered a deck but it looked like someone took a big bite out of it, while HH's corner looked like he did it with shears.

We messed around with the Inch and blob, although they both stayed on the ground for the duration of his visit. We tore through several phone books and I tripped out when I saw him tear my 2" book the opposite way I do, which I can't even tear a single page with. He tore the book longways, but the tear started on the side that was pressing against his leg, compared to how I do it which makes the tear start on the opposite side.

Did some plate pinching with 45's that have athletic tape on them for a little while too. I managed to pull them 6" with the right hand without the aid of my pinky, but unexpectedly dropped them which caused a chain reaction of heavy crap to fall over. Also did a two hand pinch of 115 with just the middle finger and thumb from each hand. I love the feeling you get in your forearms when you let go of the plates after doing something like that; just feels like everything inside your arm is expanding and the ache is great.

I got a couple new #4's yesterday from IM too - one has the damaged packaging and is single stamped and the other is a brand new one. Both of them are real stout.

Edited by ClayEdgin

Hammerhead, great job on the bending. Looks like the red is dead so very soon. Had one of the best teaching you Bro. Glad you guys had fun. Get togethers always bring out the best. :rock