Pursuit Of The #3 And Then The #4.

Lich

Periodic progress as requested in the thread: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=10707

The program I'm beginning using is somewhat based on the one Kinney used in the C.O.C. book. I've amended it for myself though.

Two types of workouts: KB's (as oppose to the squats) and Gripping (the Hardy Handshake as oppose to the Go-really).

The KB's follows a "20-20/40" pattern. That means 20 reps per arm for some slow grinding move, presses or whatever. When I can do 4 sets of five with that, then I increase difficulty or weight. For example, I can do 4 sets of five with a 32k bell, so now I am working on all four sets in the bottoms up postition, and the press with the 40k.

The second KB exercise is ballistic. Snatches, cleans whatever... 20 reps with the heaviest bell I can handle, working up from 20 to 40 (20/40) reps. When I get 40 with a size, then its time to work on the next bell, or variate the move. Example; I'm OK for 40 cleans with the 24 anytime, so then I would work up to 40 snatches, then 20 cleans with 32, then work up to 40 cleans, then 20 snatches, then 40 snatches, then start the 40... etc... or any ballistic combination. Only moving up when the reps are consecutive. Some of these should be snatch pulls to load the thumb (and increase muscle mass in the thumb pad to set the gripper better)

In Pavels terms, "grind then explode", and maybe throw in some evil wheel stuff at the end and stretch the back muscles.

There is no doubt KB's are very good for the posterior chain and the ballistic loading of the grip.

The Gripper workouts follow a similiar thing like Kinneys. Gripper workouts, and machine workouts, one or the other, but not both on the same day. I'm not doing the volume he was either, and am staying in the rep range of 30-40 as oppose to 50-60. I can always adjust if it isn't enough or if I can do just as good with less... The gripper workouts are forced negatives and holds, and maybe some rapid fire reps for that last 1/4 of the close. On lighter days, no set closes with lighter grippers.

Structure:

2 KB workouts a week + 2 or 3 grip workouts a week.

Wed: Grip machine

Thurs: KB

Friday: Party

Saturday: Gripper only

Sunday: KB

Monday: Chill out, be happy not to have to train after work.

Tuesday: Maybe some light gripper active recovery.

That's it, that's my plan. Pretty simple.

Peace Sells, but Whose Buying?

Good workouts, man.

MEAT

Thanks meat.

Did KB's today.

32k Right: BU Press: 3-3-2 / Regular military press: 5-5-2 (20 reps)

Left: BU Press: 1-1-1-1 / regular mil press: 5-5-5-1 (20 reps)

*alternated hands each attempt though*

32k right: snatches: 12-8-5-6-4- done (35 reps)

left: snatch: 13-10-7-5 (35)

stretched neck and back.

Looked at the grip machine, and after a few sample holds, decided to start the HH machine off with 40 Kg. Keep in mind the design of the HH, as 40 K is pretty heavy being so off center from the fulcrum.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on forced negatives with the #3 a lot. I seem stuck at the 7mm spot in the moment, but this will take time. KB wise has been a lot of focus on BU's and snatch pulls (make the thumbpad stronger / bigger for the gripper placement)

Also got some extra / what you might call duplicate stuff to get rid of. See the selling forum.