Im New Pinch Block Vs. Plates

Rick Walker

Im not sure but I would guess you could. The tetting block is only slightly less slick. I think I hit 66 on the tetting and 50 on the IM block so about a 15 pound difference. Ill try to get a few of us to take some attempts on both to see the difference.

Well, if the paint didnt work, you could always spray it with some PAM.

:tongue

Rick Walker :rock

Results from yesterday:

Clean block, with no chalk, Big Steve broke 65 off the ground. Shrug could not. Both of them got 60 pretty easily. Both of these guys have done 2-45s pretty easily as well.

To their credit-they were both quite wasted hand wise. I am thinking fresh, they would btoh get around 75-80 pounds.

Interesting stuff-

Rick Walker :rock

• 4 weeks later...

My IM pinch block arrived yesterday and I was only able to get 25lbs. off the ground!Looks like I have alot of hard training ahead of me to catch up to some of you guys! :bow

It's pretty slick. Add chaulk to make it difficult or wipe with alcohol (fingers too) to make it easier. Somebody mentioned the chaulk&spit, which also works to get a better grip.