Gripboard Grip Bash Vll Rules

EricMilfeld

TIME

0001, November 16, 2004 through 2359 November 22, 2004 CST

EVENTS

Vertical Bar

Using a 1" outside diameter smooth metal bar, grasp with one hand and lift atleast 2" off the floor. Insure that no part of the hands or fingers extend lower than 7" from the top of the bar. No hook-gripping is allowed. Maintain your grip of the bar as you return it to the floor. Contest both individual hands.

Plate Pinch For Time

Pinch grip with one hand two 25 pound metallic plates, with the smooth side facing outwards, and hold for as long as possible. Start timing the lift when the plates leave the floor, and stop the clock when they return to the floor or when they slip from your hands, whichever occurs first. Plates may not be connected to eachother in any way. Insure that neither your hands nor the plates contact any part of your body. Contest both individual hands.

Barbell Wrist Curl

Perform a two hands wrist curl with an olympic bar, with forearms laying flat on a surface parallel to the floor. Start the lift with the wrists lowered as fully as anatomically possible, and curl the bar upwards to completion with the wrists flexed as fully as anatomically possible. The thumbs must be wrapped around the bar and opposing the fingers.

SCORING

The usual points system, where the winner of each event is awarded 10 points will be used. The non-winning lifts will be divided by the winning poundage, and multiplied by ten to acquire the appropriate points. The pinch event is the one exception. For clearing the floor with the weight, each contestant will receive an automatic 5 points. Additioal points will be awarded by dividing the time held in seconds by the winning time, and then multiplying by 5. This figure will then be added to the 5 points for clearing the floor to acquire the total points.

How To PM Results By Example

Eric Milfeld (Gripboard nickname here if applicable)

V-bar Right 175 PR Left 160

Pinch Right 63 seconds Left 48 seconds

Wrist Curl 145 PR

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Use only regular gym chalk as a grip aid. No wrist wraps or tape. Send in all results in pounds. Include the weight of the V-bar itself in the results. Designate all personal records with a "PR" in your results. All PMs must be received in my Gripboard box by 2359, November 22. Ya'll have fun, and set plenty of PRs!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• sigmfsk

• OldGuy

• Mikael Siversson

Eric, perhaps you should add to the v-bar rules that the v-bar cannot be dropped (slipping out of your hand before it has been lowered back onto the lifting platform surface) but has to be lowered under control. It is very obvious to anyone watching if the v-bar slips out of your grip as the hand will accelerate upwards while the v-bar crashes to the floor.

Eric, perhaps you should add to the v-bar rules that the v-bar cannot be dropped (slipping out of your hand before it has been lowered back onto the lifting platform surface) but has to be lowered under control.

Good idea. I just modified the rules.

This should be fun - embarrassing, but fun.

Well, I guess it's time to go build a v-bar.

actually I will have to make a v-bar as well. I had been using one of my powercage's saftey bars but having the plates rest on the cheap catch has bent it to the point that I need to take a sledge to it so I can use the bar again.

Jon@han

Eric. how long is the V-Bar?

Vertical Bar

Using a 1" outside diameter smooth metal bar, grasp with one hand and lift atleast 2" off the floor. Insure that no part of the hands or fingers extend lower than 7" from the top of the bar. No hook-gripping is allowed. Maintain your grip of the bar as you return it to the floor. Contest both individual hands.

I believe Eric's is 18" galvenized 1" OD pipe screwed into a flange. We slip a piece of 1.5" PVC over the pipe to center standard olympic plates. Should cost about $5 to make one and you'll have it for a long time. No tools and cheap too, no complaints about not having the equipment to enter the contest.

I hope I can get over 225 on the Vbar and I have no idea what I will get on the wrist curl, have never really done it for max like that. What do you think average, good, great will be on that? I wish there were 4 or 5 events instead of just 3....

I know you were just wanting to know how long his vbar is.

Yep, my V-bar happens to be 18". I guess this would put me at a slight disadvantage (maybe) on the event? I didn't really think we would need a standard length for this event, but maybe I'm wrong. What do ya'll think?

Mike, I chose only three this go around because two of the events require both individual hands to be contested, and these same two events are pretty tough on the hands. I also thought it would be nice to really focus on only three distinct areas of hand strength. Just something different to try. Not an everlasting change. :D

A change yes, but come on Eric, we do four lifts max out in just 1 workout! Of course after doing Vbar we can't do anything on plate pinch because all the texture is gone from our hands so maybe 3 is good. Either way, it will be fun and I will compete. Here's to PRs for everybody! :rock

I plan on using a 84" v-bar, so I can grasp over my head and push up! :ohmy

Seriously, I was going to get a 2' section of standard pipe and screw to a base. Then cutoff the threads at the top.

I think I may just stay with my short v-bar so I have a good excuse when I'm outlifted.

Just out of curiosity, who intends to compete this time? Any big names? :D

Most of the plates in the UK are Kilo's ,2 x 10 is not the same as 25lb what would be the best way to substitute this i.e fix on additional weight?

Well, you'd have to add on nearly three extra pounds per plate. How about simply using a 2.5 kilo plate attached via a rope running through the holes of the two 10 kilo plates?

Eli, Jedd and I will probably compete Eric...

Two out of the three events suit Eli very well....I am sure he will do well...

Thanks for all your efforts Eric....

Eric, how's this for a big name: BEN EDWARDS? I plan on competing. :D Probably not quite what you had in mind, but I'll be there with bells on regardless.

Tboo, we're very pleased to have you compete! Standard bars and plates are okay for this edition of the Grip Bash.

OldGuy, actually if you want to go ahead and use the 3" pipe, I don't think any of us would mind. :D I must have a freaky pipe, cuz it measures right at 1", though I don't pocess one of those nifty OldGuy calibraters.

Smitty, great news, bro!

Ben, all I can say is: why didn't I see that coming! :laugh But just remember, everybody is somebody in Luchenbauch, Texas... and the Gripboard!!!