TOUGH ONE TODAY

• Like 1

[b]Monday[/b]
Solo @ my gym. Took 1 hr
Broke leg extension selector rod lol. Repair (weld) or replace 
[u]Lever Squat[/u]
(3 sets total) Head on so upped to 325kg/715lbs x 4 reps

[u]Iso Lever Leg Press[/u]
(2 sets total) 1 leg at a time to 180kg/396lbs x 6 reps (more there)

[u]Lying Leg Curls[/u]
(2 sets total) to 9 stack plates 

[u]Leg Extensions[/u]
(2 sets total) to stack+ 10kg x 5 then snap lol

• Like 2

[b]Tuesday[/b]
[u]Seated Press[/u]
to 92.5kg/203.5lbs x 5 reps

[u]Saxon bar work[/u]
to 100kg x 4 x 3 reps (locked in and using 'snapping' technique

• Like 4

[b]Thursday[/b]
[u]Single arm dumbbell curl[/u]
10kg x 10, 20kg x 10 and 30kg x 10 (I focus more on a flex here than the heavy hammer curls)

[u]Tricep Pressdowns[/u]
to 17p x 5 reps (felt strong on these)

[u]Standing BB Wrist Curls - Flexor[/u]
to 105kg x 5 reps 

Bwt: I should stop weighing myself cos it's annoying lol

• Like 3

GOOD ONE TODAY

[b]Friday[/b]
@ Powerhouse. Took my sweet time., Bench with Chris (no Ken - shoulder hurting)
[u]Close Grip Bench Press [/u]
to 160kg/352lbs x 3, 170kg x1 and 180kg/396lbs x 1. New program will be 160kg x 3-5 x 3 reps from next week

[u]One Arm Dumbbell Rows[/u]
50kg/110lbs x 8, 70kg/154lbs x 8 and 90kg/198lbs x 8. All easy and both arms

[u]MiraFit 60mm Handle work[/u]
to
LH: 81.25kg x 2 x 3 and 1 x 2 (hard iffy 3rd) reps
RH: 82.5kg x 3 x 3 reps
  • Like 2

KILLER FRIDAY WORKOUT

I feel your shoulder pain,I deal with shoulder pain ever day.

[b]Monday[/b]
Still not tested the Cerberus bar.I decided I wanted to do the 365kg soon more than I wanted to train solo so I went to Powerhouse and do a double with 330kg on their bar (didn't bend... phew). If I'd have trained at mine I might have done a single for safety reasons. As it was I might have done a triple

[u]Hatfield Squat[/u]
bar x 8, 100kg x 8, 200kg x 6 and 330kg/726lbs x 2 reps

[u]Leg Press[/u]
to 690kg. NB: no pad so not usual depth

[u]Lying Leg Curls[/u]
to 15p x 6 reps

[u]Leg Extensions [/u]
to  stack x 8 reps (easy)

• Like 1

super leg day killed it .

• Thanks 1

[b]Tuesday[/b]
Usual post leg day slow start but after a little Peaky Blinders it was kick a** time
[u]Seated Press[/u]
to 95kg/209lbs x 4 reps

[u]Saxon Bar - 3x3-inch - work[/u]
to 101.25kg/222lbs approx x 2 NS, 2 RP, 2 NS and 3 NS reps

• Like 1

[b]Tuesday[/b]
Usual post leg day slow start but after a little Peaky Blinders it was kick a** time
[u]Seated Press[/u]
to 95kg/209lbs x 4 reps

[u]Saxon Bar - 3x3-inch - work[/u]
to 101.25kg/222lbs approx x 2 NS, 2 RP, 2 NS and 3 NS reps

• Like 1

[b]Thursday[/b]
[u]Hammer DB Curls[/u]
to 90kg/198lbs dumbbell x 6 reps @

[u]Skull Crushers - EZ bar[/u]
to 96.5kg/212.3lbs x 4 ugly reps

[u]Reverse Standing BB Wrist Curls[/u]
to 50kg x 5 reps

• Like 1

[b]Friday[/b]
Took my time. @Powerhouse Gym
[u]Close Grip Bench Press[/u]
to 160kg/352lbs x 3 x 3 and 12 x 4 reps

[u]One Arm Dumbbell Row[/u]
to 90kg/198lbs x 9 reps

[u]MiraFit 60mm Handle Lift Work[/u]
Good day to 
LH: to 81.25kg x 3 x 3 solid reps
RH: to 87.75kg x 3 x 3 reps

• Like 2

[b]Monday[/b]
Head up a**. Half the night and a late start on a possible issue with my late brothers estate and distribution of fund at some point (like who gets what... that old thing). I'm the executor.
[u]Power Squat Machine[/u]
to 520kg x 6 reps

[u]Leg Press[/u]
to 632kg x 6 reps (hvy)

[u]Lying Leg Curls[/u]
to 9p x 6 reps

[u]Leg Extension[/u]
to stack+10g x 6 reps (testing 'fix' on the machine)

I hope all go's well with your bothers estate. it seems like death brings out the worst in people. greed and jealousy.

other than that. Happy Monday

killer leg day 

• Like 1

[b]Tuesday[/b]
[u]Seated Press'[/u]
to 95kg/209lbs x 5 hvy reps

[u]Saxon Bar Work[/u]
to 102.5kg/225.5lbs x 3 x 2 rp reps and 1 x 2 ns reps

23 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

I hope all go's well with your bothers estate. it seems like death brings out the worst in people. greed and jealousy.

other than that. Happy Monday

killer leg day 

Thus far it's more my mum (the main beneficiary) wanting to give ALL her share to my sis-in-law. Which would mean she'd (mum) end up with the least of the main 3. It's a bit daft but she has enough to live on a nice bit put away. But does f'all with it. So the added amount would just sit there until she goes (she's 79 now). Equally why give ALL her share to my sis-in-law (great and loved as she is - does she even want it??). The sis-in-law lost her dad 9 days after my brother passed. And, of course, my brother, sis-in-law and myself would, no doubt, get my mums estate anyway. But my bro, sis etc and myself don't have mortgages or big debts (I've none) whereas mum pays rent on her place. 

It's all.... banging your head on the table stuff lol 

• Sad 2

That sounds like a lot on your shoulders. I feel bad for your sister-in-law, losing her husband and father so close together.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mobsterone said:

Thus far it's more my mum (the main beneficiary) wanting to give ALL her share to my sis-in-law. Which would mean she'd (mum) end up with the least of the main 3. It's a bit daft but she has enough to live on a nice bit put away. But does f'all with it. So the added amount would just sit there until she goes (she's 79 now). Equally why give ALL her share to my sis-in-law (great and loved as she is - does she even want it??). The sis-in-law lost her dad 9 days after my brother passed. And, of course, my brother, sis-in-law and myself would, no doubt, get my mums estate anyway. But my bro, sis etc and myself don't have mortgages or big debts (I've none) whereas mum pays rent on her place. 

It's all.... banging your head on the table stuff lol 

I could write a book. Between my aunt taking advantage of my grandparents, dad and brother with their parents estate.  

And my grand aunt dying leaving my dad his siblings and 2 cousins about 600k  each in a trust. Her power of power of attorney/executor/accountant wrote it up so he made about 60k a year handling the money that they could never touch except for the interest earned every year. he turned out to be a snake with a history of scamming people.

After 5 years in court and about one million in lawyer fees my dad and other share of the trust is roughly worth $230,000k, from roughly 600k.

Death brings out greed.  Sorry you gotta go through this, seems like every family does.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

That sounds like a lot on your shoulders. I feel bad for your sister-in-law, losing her husband and father so close together.

Brother in law and her father. Had me wiping my eyes when I got the news of the double whammy I can tell you (outside a local Lidls supermarket)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I could write a book. Between my aunt taking advantage of my grandparents, dad and brother with their parents estate.  

And my grand aunt dying leaving my dad his siblings and 2 cousins about 600k  each in a trust. Her power of power of attorney/executor/accountant wrote it up so he made about 60k a year handling the money that they could never touch except for the interest earned every year. he turned out to be a snake with a history of scamming people.

After 5 years in court and about one million in lawyer fees my dad and other share of the trust is roughly worth $230,000k, from roughly 600k.

Death brings out greed.  Sorry you gotta go through this, seems like every family does.

Thus far it's not greed per se (as far as I know) but my mum not seemingly wanting the money when, ironically, she'd have the least. Sums are approx but total value is probably $180,000. Mum has eqv to $20,000 (plus bills in credit) in the bank and 2 or 3 small pensions which pay all her bills. If we give some close friends, nephews and nieces etc a few bucks myself, my surviving brother and mum would get c$50,000 each. I've a little less than my mum in savings and my brother/sis-in-law and myself do not have debts and or mortgages as far as I know. So we'd get c$50,000 each and now my mum's saying to give all her share to the sis in law (again a very nice person but ALL??). And mum pays rent etc. But equally I think she's genuinely not bothered. Of course as executor of dead brothers (who ironically was cr*p with money and left no will we can find) I want to ensure it's done properly. As there's no will the law says mum gets it all as next of kin so if push comes to shove I HAVE to do what she says. But I'd rather a sit down and sort it out. First order of the day is get funds etc together. Probbate to  follow

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mobsterone said:

Thus far it's not greed per se (as far as I know) but my mum not seemingly wanting the money when, ironically, she'd have the least. Sums are approx but total value is probably $180,000. Mum has eqv to $20,000 (plus bills in credit) in the bank and 2 or 3 small pensions which pay all her bills. If we give some close friends, nephews and nieces etc a few bucks myself, my surviving brother and mum would get c$50,000 each. I've a little less than my mum in savings and my brother/sis-in-law and myself do not have debts and or mortgages as far as I know. So we'd get c$50,000 each and now my mum's saying to give all her share to the sis in law (again a very nice person but ALL??). And mum pays rent etc. But equally I think she's genuinely not bothered. Of course as executor of dead brothers (who ironically was cr*p with money and left no will we can find) I want to ensure it's done properly. As there's no will the law says mum gets it all as next of kin so if push comes to shove I HAVE to do what she says. But I'd rather a sit down and sort it out. First order of the day is get funds etc together. Probbate to  follow

I see. It’s still very frustrating and a thankless “job”. 

it would make sense to divide it. Just for tax purposes alone. Good luck with everything.

That's a big burden you have, hopefully it all works out. Your mom sounds really nice.

• Like 1

[b]Thursday[/b]
No hanging about as I'm doing podcast work today. @ Powerhouse. Arms always a quick workout
[u]Alt Dumbbell Curls[/u]
to 30kg/66lbs x 11 reps

s/s

[u]Tricep Pressdowns [/u]
to 18p (eqv to 108kg/237lbs a poss PB??) x 4 reps

[u]Standing BB Wrist Curls[/u]
to 107.5kg/236lbs x 5 reps

bwt: down 2 more lbs!! FFS

• Like 3

good one today

what is the name of your podcast