New #3

austinslater

Austin-

If you remember back when I was doing the MM1 cert, I bought a set of COCs for my step-son. The #3 was beastly. Harder then any #3 I had touched-it was harder then the BB Grand Master!

After a month or so, it suddenly got easy. Now, it is like an average #3. It seemed to season up and lose a lot of it's stoutness.

That may be the case for your new #3 as well?

Rick Walker :rock

I hope not :laugh. I bought a new #3 at the beginning of the year and it wasnt as tough out of the package as this one and its stayed pretty tough. Above average for sure and probably a hair harder then the mm1. I hope this new one stays tough but if it gets easy Ill file it and get some use out of it.

Austin

The spread on my 04 #3 is just a shade over 2.75 and the spring on it and my 04#4 are both gray. I was thinking they were black but upon comparing them to my BB grippers they are definetly gray.

I just got a 2004 #3 and it's the toughest I've tried. A shade over 3" wide and I'd rate it at least 3.3 or maybe higher. Crazy hard. My girlfriend and I ordered her brother a complete set (T-#3) for the hell of it. He got them in the mail a week or so ago. The #3 is just like mine-insane hard. The #2 is shockingly hard. Hell, they all were obscenely harder than they should be. I don't know if it's due to not being seasoned, but I've also had many new grippers. They shouldn't be THAT hard.

After I tried the #3 I left to get a drink. He gave me the #2 to try and I closed it, but mistakenly thought that it was a slightly easy #3 that he had been holding out on me. He calmly tells me "that's the #2, sorry man." Holy crap. I repped it later that night and only got 2 reps consecutive. I have done around 20 on mine. His #1 was at least a little closer to a normal #1 but still very hard. The Trainer was equal to my #1 that I have at home. Almost exactly equal. My girlfriend has closed her (I just tell her that so she won't feel left out. :D ) 2004 Trainer (which is NOT very hard-crazy stuff) and she tried her brother's Trainer and said it felt at least like my #1. I agreed. Sorry I know this was about the #3. Couldn't help myself.