Bodyweight Exercises

kelby

i workout with weights. and i can bench 400 pounds maybe more never tried my max. and squat five hundred. curl 185 etc. i am not bragging just giving an example. because i really like the grip workouts. and i have a hard time doing both. i get so taxed. i teach and after school man i am stressed out. and hitting heavy weights are taxing. so i was wondering if you can still maintain with doing bodyweight squats, pullups, pushups and handstand pushups. or will i lose muscle. i read matt fureys workouts. but i don't know. i think he does weights but doesn't want to tell anyone. i don't think you can get that big with just hundreds of squats and hindu pushups. also the main thing will i lose strength.

dude, he isnt lieing in the least....i been doing his workouts for about a year now, and man i am so much stronger in everything. my deadlift gained at least a 100lbs from weighted bridges, and my arms grew an 1'' from handstand pushups. they are my favorites, because not only did my arms shoulders and chest get crazy stronger, so did my biceps, back and legs, something i never expected. you have to be seriously strong all over to do em. i will be doing 500 squats and 250 pushups a day when preparing for my black belt test next summer, and i know my numbers will go way up then too. order combat conditioning books and tapes right away, you will be glad you did. in close second, i would say the handstand course.

dude did i lose size? when i started these, all i did was bodyweight for a few months, not a single weight touched and like i said, i gained an inch on my arms, and almost 2 on my legs. i realize now i have very good genetics, so i gain muscle very easy, but still. and like i said my strength went through the roof. try it man, you wont regret it. some sick things can be done with the body. try this one. go into a gymnastic bridge. fold one arm over your chest, then do a one arm pushup going all the way down till your neck touches the floor. i can get 5 of these at best, and man are they hard. my HS coach couldnt believe it when he saw them.

from train for strength:

Do you want to achieve the following attributes?

Increased Lean Muscle

NO! I want FATTY muscle!

• 3 weeks later...