Super Squats And Misc. Training Log

ulgrim

I started super squats a week or two ago, I'll be logging what I've done so far as well as furture squat workouts, and random wrist/hand/other training.

I've never squatted before, so I started real low to get myself used to it and find what I can do.

My medium range goal is 300x20 for squats. Long-term is 400+x20, but that's super long-term because I'm going to be homeless from november-?. I guess I can do one-legged bodyweight squats or something to keep myself satisfied until I decide to get rich and buy land to put my barbell and racks on.

Squats:

date not remembered

75x20 - way too easy

date not remembered

95x20 - still too easy

date not remembered

115x15 - form got bad, and my back got tired so I quit. better safe than sorry.

date not remembered

120x20 - still kind of easy, but getting harder

today

140x17 - form started getting bad, I could not keep my back straight enough so I stopped at 17. No more 20 pound increases, starting now.

I'm going for 145 or 150 next workout. I should be able to nail it with such a small weight increase.

I'm doing them every 2 or 3 days and I'm not sore after the first day.

Even though I only managed 17 reps last time, I think I'll gain enough strength from it to raise the weight and do 20. In any case, I'll get a good workout.

Ulgrim I did super Squats last night, My form gets hideous as in a good morning, but as long as my ass gets to or below parallel I consider it a good rep. If you've ever done heavy good mornings this high rep stuff will feel like Cake. (On your back of course) My cardio is my weakness during these squats. I often go look at the clock and take my pulse wich will ususally be around 180-204, then I find find somewhere to crawl into and die. My PB so far is having done 4 super squat workouts in one week ad still make progress EVERY time on the squats.

One question for any other super squatters......do you guys stop at 20 ? I remember starting like so the first week: Mon 185 x 20, Wen 190 x 22 Fri 195 x 24 Sun 205 x 27

I think as your (my) cardio gets better the weight feels ligher so progress comes quickly on high intensity cardio. I dont think that I got much stronger just that my cardio was able to handle more (I'm hyperventilating like a mad man)

I'm down to one or twice a week but only du to time cotnstrictions right now.

U,

The football team at my high school that I teach at love super squats but make the simple mistake of trying to start to high. Are you using the 5lb increase everyday five days a week with a six week cycle? just a few question I was going to start in a month or so and want to start at 135lbs so by the end it will be 285X20, then cycle it again and hopefully somewhere in the 400's.

-SMP

Anyway good luck man :rock

Hello smp.

I've sort of been drifting from the super squats, I'm gonna do them a bit less often, and do lower rep squats as well.

tonights workout:

Squats:

155x4

185x3

205x2

225x1

I could do a little more but my muscles were getting tired.

Deadlift:

135x1

205x1

255x1

300x1

310x1

I've only deadlifted 4 or 5 times in my life, and that was months ago.

I was able to do 330 for 2 singles then, So I should be able to do that again in a couple workouts. I want to deadlift 460 or so. I really like deadlifting so I'm going to keep doing it, and my back could definately use some extra protection. (I've given myself a few minor back injuries.)

I dunno why the hell my deadlift is 100 pounds higher than my squat since they are both untrained.

Edited by ulgrim