New Gripper

seaman

Hi guys ! Do you think it is nessesary to drive in (dont know if it is the right word) the gripper by getting it closed and oil the spring about 100 times before you know if the gripper is a beast or a "easy"one.Read about it in a swedish forum,one guy had built a device to get it closed an easy way.

I would say that you can determine if it is an easy gripper or a beast without seasoning it. However to ensure smooth action I would recommend that you season yor grippers before using them.

The swedish guy wouldn´t be jimcg would it?

Edited by Honn

Oiling and seasoning a gripper will not make it any less a beast. I think the most it will do is make the sweep smoother and a little easier at the start.

I would say that you can determine if it is an easy gripper or a beast without seasoning it. However to ensure smooth action I would recommend that you season yor grippers before using them.

Okay thanks guys i will try to season my #2 and #3 then. still 0.5-1 cm away from closing #2 so got a long way to go.

ClayEdgin ? i have read here that you use chokers on the gripper quite often ,what is a god set,rep session with them on ?

Honn, don´t remember who it was,did read about gripptraining in the k.forum and came across it ,read your traininglogg also.Good stuff,is the picture

Okay thanks guys i will try to season my #2 and #3 then. still 0.5-1 cm away from closing #2 so got a long way to go.

ClayEdgin ? i have read here that you use chokers on the gripper quite often ,what is a god set,rep session with them on ?

Honn, don´t remember who it was,did read about gripptraining in the k.forum and came across it ,read your traininglogg also.Good stuff,is the picture

Sorry had to quit ,got busy here at work(iron mill)

honn was going to ask if the foto next to your posts are of you self? if so you are in good shape.Live in finland speak swedish so thats how i can read the k.zzeum forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry had to quit ,got busy here at work(iron mill)

honn was going to ask if the foto next to your posts are of you self? if so you are in good shape.Live in finland speak swedish so thats how i can read the k.zzeum forum.

just a test(photo)no wrong

Edited by seaman