Jonnywildboar Quest For Crush

jonnywildboar

After reading other threads I am posting a little of my own experience.

I currently post on muscletalk - a thouroughly top forum.

Having just gotten into grip training I have bought a HG 150 , to be honest i can do well over 25 with both hands ,but I am enjoying using it non the less, Does anyone know if i could budge a coc 2 ?

Anyway, this is my first week and i am practising pinch lifting 2 x 10 kg plates and plate curling a 10 kg as well as some home made thickbar work,

all in all its a fine addition to anyones routine

any other places to buy grippers other than

pullumsports , londonkettlebells and handgrippers.co.uk ?

not that i'm greedy.

welcome to the board johnny! weightlifters wharehouse sells some good grippers, as does robert barbaran. i cant remember the link to his site right now, but its on here in a couple places i know for sure. also, a man named warren tetting makes custom grippers. he doesnt have a site, you need to contact him. his info is also on here, i think in the FAQ section. have fun man...you do any bending?

Thanks moss, i will check out those.

At the moment my bending extends to picking up my cup of tea off the floor. I dont know if my fragile girly fingers could cope yet - what sort of stuff can i get from BnQ ?

Thanks itch - im in Preston,only 100 miles from the mighty Villa.

I think i will buy from handgrippers.co.uk - although pricier than the american version,they seem ok.

Currently making some great sleeves to attach to my barbell to make a patent 'wildboar fat boy' also made a grip block.

cool, yeah handgrippers are a bit more expensive but i got a very good service from them, i ordered 2 and i had a phonecall minutes later to say i was entitled to a 3rd gripper for free which i thought was good. They came within a couple of days aswell.

i would also make a thick bar....here is the easiest way....take and old Olympic bar, unscrew one end, and set that aside. mesaure the exact distance from the inside of screw thread to the other side where the seperator for the loading area is. put a 2'', 2 1/2, or 3'' sleeve of pipe over the O bar. now screw the end of bar back on as tight as you can. this gives you a non revolving thick bar, one of the best tools for hand strength.

Made the block out of a bit of wood and a couple of hooks.

as for the thickbar - i have 1inch barbells so i have made some sleeves which do the job for now.

I have put photos of them in my gallery.

cheers, rock on :rock

not bad, 1" plates those wouldnt have come from argos by any chance ;)

Edited by itch85

hey, thats how far i am from closing it, lets see who can close it first, :D post a pic of proof so theres no foul play :), Let the gripping commense :rock

yeah i know what you mean, but ive found doing strapholds with my #1 has helped me to get it closer and closer the last few weeks so it should be in the bag soon hopefully. You tried strapholds with you #1?

I have a 150 Lb gripper from londonkettlebells which i can rep out on, I'm deeply,deeply ashamed to admit i fancy lady horses....no, no, i dont know what strap holds are buddy - please enlighten me !!

strap holds are where you attach a weight to a weightlifting strap then close the gripper on the strap and encourages you to squeeze harder to stop the weight from falling out of the grippers. The more weight you use the harder it is.

wow, i would never have guessed in a million years !!

Still go 5mm to go and it aint budgin !!

made a couple of dumbells for gripwork out of old weights, nothin fancy,but does the job.

:rock

• 2 weeks later...

still cant close the coc2 , have got about 3mm - jeeze it seems like 3miles, I have a manky little finger and i am blaming that ..... :blink

Managed 8 plate curls with a 10kg plate also my 'fatboy' dumbell - i can hold it for about 25 seconds

rockon :rock

hey, how thick is your handle on your "fatboy dumbell"?

and ive hit a bit of a wall now with my #2, time to hit the wide pinch hard :)

Howdie,

the dumbell has a 2 3/4 wide haandle, I think i got a minor injury from too much gripping - so i had a few days off , i got within 2mm of closing the coc2, My 20kg plates have ridges so i could do with a couple of 'fllat' ones to pinch lift, at the moment i am trying for 2 x 10 kg with 1x5 kg (about 1 cm off the floor at the mo !!)

Closed my coc 2 today - yippee

gonna try and get the wife to take a pic , but i cant yet close it every time i try - my grip needs to be rested i think.

:rock rock on.

looks like you won the race jonny, well played :), ill bring up the rear shortly tho, got a BB Master and Super Master to help me.

looks like you won the race jonny, well played :), ill bring up the rear shortly tho, got a BB Master and Super Master to help me.

I am removing my claim to have closed the coc2 - i think i did close it but i cant do it again !!!, so, its still about 2mm from closure :cry:cry:whistel