Good Workout Tonight

Clay Edgin

Awesome workout tonight. Big PR's. Kicked the wife and kid out of the house, finally got some music playing on the patio, and just tore myself up.

Bent over rows/power clean mixed on 2" bar

160x10 rows + 3 power cleans

250x10 rows + 2 power cleans (couldn't get the third)

These really got the blood pumping

Deadlifts 2" bar

252x10 double overhand

452x1 double overhand (PR)

542x1 mixed grip

602x1 mixed grip (PR)

542 - www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/540lb2inchbarDL.WMV (900kb)

602 - www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/602lb2inchbar.WMV (900kb)

My first 600lb deadlift, and it was on a 2" bar Nice. I hitched it a little bit at the end, as the video shows. It wouldn't pass in a contest.

Ring Deadlift (6" diameter, 5/8" thick - identical to Ironmind R-Ring)

205x1 each hand

295x1 " "

340x1 " "

385x1 " "

435x1 right x 0 left (PR)

www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/435ringdeadlift.WMV (900kb)

I had seen a contest recently where this event was contested, and the winning lift was 330. I wondered what could be so difficult about a one hand lift and now I know! I tore up my left hand good, but it's a shame you can't see more on the video. Here is a picture though:

www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/torncallous.jpg

Then moved on to the 270lb stone. This thing had been giving me problems so I outsmarted it. I used a little metal doughnut (mmm....doughnuts....) about 1/2" thick to prop the stone up so I can get underneath it better. The video shows the second time I lifted it today. I didn't fall the first time. I figured that me falling on my ass with the stone was a good way to end the workout.

www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/270stoneoops.WMV (1.2mb)

Ah, good times.

Great job on the deadlifts Clay! :bow I don't know which is more impressive, 452 double overhand, or 602 with a mixed grip... :unsure

Wow, awesome lifts again, Clay.

Thanks for testing the DO deadlift on the 2" bar.

Especially with those tiny hands. :laugh

Now I wish I wouldn't have told you my best lift. :blush

Great feats, Clay!

Today when I rolled out of bed and picked up my daughter, my back and hamstrings told me they were very unhappy with me. But it was worth it!

Clay when you get down this way you need to try my 3"thick bar and see what you can move on that.I have'nt been doing deadlifts with any thick bars lately but youv'e motivated me with your post.Thanks!

That would be cool Steve. I have a 3.5" bar that is a monster to lift. I think a 200lb pull on that thing double overhand would be pretty dang good.

awesome Clay!!!

Get two tires and duct tape them together to set that stone down onto.....

The reason that ring dead took off some dermis....watch the tape again...your right hand is lifting it with the ring in your "fingers" butted up to the last knuckle before the meat of your hand. Your grab the ring lefty, and watch, slide your hand through and capture the meat of your hand, right above your last knuckle, between the ring and your fingers and literally pinch it - as you pick up, it slides and boom - tear.

great job again bud...

Yeah Smitty, I did notice that. That is how I do most of my one hand lifts anyway. I like to try to build the callous in that area so it doesn't happen. Plus I can lift more weight that way without as much pain. But sometimes, like the video shows, I bite off more than I can chew.