Arms Falling Asleep In Bed

BigJan85

For the past 2 weeks or so my arms have been falling asleep in bed really easily. I am constantly waking up to a numb arm. If I sleep on my back this doesnt happen but its tough for me to always do that. Any ideas what could be causing this? Ive been hittin the weights pretty hard lately so I didnt know if that had anything to do with it.

i've noticed the same thing of late. It's an epidemic! lol

curious to see any answers.

It's contagious! I've been having this problem for 4-5 months now - I can't sleep on my back either, I even talked to my doctor about it and I didn't really get a good answer other than try sleeping in different positions, I did start using a "body" pillow and that has helped a little

Same problem here :( I just figured it was because I'm too fat.

Do those who sleep with gloves on experience this problem?

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

This happens to me as well when I sleep on my back. I thought it was because people tend to rest their hands on their body when sleeping on their back. Elevated hands + bent elbows = compromised circulation.

This happens to me a lot...I often sleep on my back with my arms crossed on my chest, which makes sense based on what Matt (Cannon) wrote.

Nope, never experienced this. You guys are just wierd.

Nope, never experienced this. You guys are just weird.

:laugh:rock

Only my hand will go numb sometimes, and that's only if I happen to be laying on my arm.

I've had this about twice, both incidents were caused by rolling over on my side with my arm behind me and cutting off the blood. It's weird waking up lying on something and trying to work out where your arm is :D The pins and needles are quite painful when the blood comes back though =/

I've had this about twice, both incidents were caused by rolling over on my side with my arm behind me and cutting off the blood. It's weird waking up lying on something and trying to work out where your arm is :DThe pins and needles are quite painful when the blood comes back though =/

That's a killer :blink

Edited by Magnus

I've had this about twice, both incidents were caused by rolling over on my side with my arm behind me and cutting off the blood. It's weird waking up lying on something and trying to work out where your arm is :DThe pins and needles are quite painful when the blood comes back though =/

Yes, but since I'm half asleep I just swing it around for a bit until it's back to normal and that tends to wake me up properly :D

Heh. I usually wake up before my alarm and want to check the time...but my hands won't work, and I knock my glasses onto the floor or something trying to grab the clock.

I've had it so bad I wake up with tiny pin-prick-looking blood spots covering my entire lower arms and hands. Almost looks like a rash under the skin. They don't hurt afterward but take a few days to go away.

I woke up one night and there was this arm/hand laying across my face and I immediately asked myself who's is that as I reached to throw it off. It did not go far because it was attached with zero feeling or movement. weird side effect of serious grip training.

i always get it too. i thought it was because in my genetic pool diabetes is a big thing so i figured i just had crappy circulation. plus i'm rather tall so i figure my heart was further away from my hands, but i do end up sleep on my arm a lot because i like sleeping on my side, but i use a body pillow like paul and then fold another pillow under my head so my head isn't directly laying on my arm and it works pretty good.

I think this problem often comes from tight pecs/shoulders.

It gets worse for me when i i'm really sore and tight in the shoulders and chest. Stretching pecs/shoulders seems to help some.

I think this problem often comes from tight pecs/shoulders.

It gets worse for me when i i'm really sore and tight in the shoulders and chest. Stretching pecs/shoulders seems to help some.

maybe its from grip training?

Its happened a couple time to me since I've started grip training. I've had tight pecs/shoulders before from lifting but this never happened...

Go get your neck and upper back adjusted - you're out. All of you - way out in some cases :blush Shoulder issues can do it also but it's most often my neck where it meets my shoulders. Crunch - crack - and it's better until I do it again.

This has happened to me in the past too.I would wake up swinging my arm around like a wet noodle trying to hit the snooze button,Arm was alike a dead limb,and then the pain when the blood starts flowing in sucks bad.In my case I did a lot of stretching(not because my arm fell asleep) and by coincidence it went away.

I think it only happens when I lay on them. One time I woke up with my hands/lower arms behind my head. They were completely numb from the shoulder down and I couldn't open the door to get out of my room.