Jump to content

Road to the CoC3#


Recommended Posts

SteinWillems1

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum. I have introduced myself in the introduction topic. My name Stein and I am 26 years old. I am 203 cm and I weigh 125 kg. My biggest goal is to certify on the CoC3#. I have been training grip for years on and off but know I am really serious to certify. Thats also why I joined the forum. My current PR's

CoC 3# deep set 1 rep

CoC 2.5# ccs 8 reps

My workout will consist of 3 grip workouts a week. And 4 days upper lower workouts. I currently use the following routine

Warm up:

Trainer 10 reps

CoC 1# 10 reps

Worksets:

Coc 2 6-8 reps

Coc 2.5 6-8 reps for 3-5 sets

IM expand bands

3 sets 15-20 reps

Is there anyone who has tips for me or better workout routine to be able to close the CoC3# CCS?

I will keep a log in this section 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

I am new to this forum as in posting. I am viewing the forum for a longer time ( since 2012) but now I am really going to log my workouts seriously

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I don’t really have any advice for you I have only been training grip about 7 months. I will follow your log and your progress though. Good luck man looks like we are really similar in gripper strength right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

Hg 100 10 reps right and left
CoC Trainer 10 reps left and right
CoC 1 10 reps left 4 reps right
1.5 5 reps left COC 2 3 reps right

Worksets

Set 1
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 reps right

Set 2
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 ccs reps right

Set 3
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 cc reps right

Set 4
Coc 2 3 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 cc reps right

Set 5

Coc 1.5 10 ccs reps left
Coc 2 8 ccs reps left

Behind the back wrist curl
40 kg 15 reps
60 kg 15 reps
60 kg 15 reps

reverse barbell curl
30 kg 15 reps
30 kg 15 reps
30 kg 15 reps

My left hand is a lot weaker then my right trying to keep up but I guess I have to be patient. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SteinWillems1 said:

Hg 100 10 reps right and left
CoC Trainer 10 reps left and right
CoC 1 10 reps left 4 reps right
1.5 5 reps left COC 2 3 reps right

Worksets

Set 1
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 reps right

Set 2
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 ccs reps right

Set 3
Coc 2 4 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 cc reps right

Set 4
Coc 2 3 ccs reps left
Coc 2.5 4 cc reps right

Set 5

Coc 1.5 10 ccs reps left
Coc 2 8 ccs reps left

Behind the back wrist curl
40 kg 15 reps
60 kg 15 reps
60 kg 15 reps

reverse barbell curl
30 kg 15 reps
30 kg 15 reps
30 kg 15 reps

My left hand is a lot weaker then my right trying to keep up but I guess I have to be patient. 

Looks good man. I think grippers are harder in your left hand always because of the way the spring is wound.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

Thanks! Yeah indeed, that makes it harder. Would you advise to change between CCS and MMS every workout or how do you do that? ( excuses for my poor English haha)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteinWillems1 said:

Thanks! Yeah indeed, that makes it harder. Would you advise to change between CCS and MMS every workout or how do you do that? ( excuses for my poor English haha)

I don’t really know what works best lately I have been more mms mostly just so that I can get some closes with my ghp7 and my coc 3. I feel like when I just do lots of ccs reps with my 2.5 every time I grab my ghp7 or my coc 3 it feels really hard because I’m not used to working with anything that hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1
23 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

I don’t really know what works best lately I have been more mms mostly just so that I can get some closes with my ghp7 and my coc 3. I feel like when I just do lots of ccs reps with my 2.5 every time I grab my ghp7 or my coc 3 it feels really hard because I’m not used to working with anything that hard. 

Yeah the difference between the 2.5 and 3 is quite big.  Sometimes I cant close the 3 and another its getting better

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

Today's full body workout 

Zercher squats

Warmups
40 kg 10 reps
60 kg 10 reps

Worksets
80 kg 5x5 reps

Trx rows
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps

Pushups
20 reps
20 reps
20 reps

Close grip bench press
40 kg 12 reps
60 kg 12 reps
80 kg 8 reps

Upright row
30 kg 12 reps
30 kg 12 reps
30 kg 12 reps

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

Grip

Hg 100 10 reps left and right
Trainer 10 reps left and right
Coc 1# 10 reps left and right

Work sets

Set 1 ccs

Coc 2# 6 reps ccs left

Coc 2# 4 reps ccs right

Set 2 ccs
Coc 2# 4 ccs reps left

Coc 2.5# 3 ccs reps right

Set 3 ccs

Coc 2# 8 reps left

Coc 2.5# 8 reps right

Set 4 mms

Coc 2# 6 reps left

Coc 2.5# 8 reps right

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
SteinWillems1

Hello everybody,

I have been away from the forum due to some personal issues, I am back now and I am going to pick up the pace from here on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SteinWillems1

Todays workout wen't oke. I did lost some strenght. But I think it will be back pretty soon:)

 

Hg 100 12 reps left and right

Coc trainer 10 reps left and right

Coc 1 8 reps right and left ccs


Set1
Coc 2 3 ccs reps left

Coc 2.5 3 ccs reps right

Set2
Coc 2 3 ccs reps left

Coc 2.5 3 ccs reps right

Set 3

Coc 2 1 ccs rep left

Coc 2.5 1 ccs rep right

Set 4

Cox 2 1 ccs rep left

Coc 2.5 1ccs rep right

Set 5

Coc 2 1 ccs rep left

Coc 2.5 1ccs rep right

Set 6

Coc 2 1ccs rep left

Coc 2.5 1ccs rep right

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
SteinWillems1

Leg home training

Zercher squat

100 kg 5x5

Lunges

3 sets each leg 20 reps with 20 kg dumbells

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.