The lock down lifting video thread.

king crusher

16 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

First half of my squat workout today was very disappointing, then I somehow pulled a rabbit out of my hat and paused 385x10:

Dude! Are you like Bruce Willis in the movie unbroken? Slowly and methodically just keeps pushing huge amounts of weight lol.

Impressive.  These have to represent near the top numbers for your age group right?

Most I ever hit for 10 was 315 and they were not paused and I was around 37-38. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

First half of my squat workout today was very disappointing, then I somehow pulled a rabbit out of my hat and paused 385x10:

You have been doing some great lifting! Awesome work.

• Like 4

More db squats.  These really let you know which side is your weak side and mine is the left. The left consistantly falls first. I did a set before this and same thing happened.  These for sure feel like a front squat but without the shoulders and chest to rest the bar. 

Did I mention I need a bar and plates lol damn political virus.

Lol at the last rep I basically curl the 90 up!

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, king crusher said:

Dude! Are you like Bruce Willis in the movie unbroken? Slowly and methodically just keeps pushing huge amounts of weight lol.

Impressive.  These have to represent near the top numbers for your age group right?

Most I ever hit for 10 was 315 and they were not paused and I was around 37-38. 

Thanks, man!  I've managed second at Raw Nationals in the old farts division for the past three years, and was very happy to do that well.  There's some 50+ year old beasts out there still going strong.

315x10 is something to be proud of!  Hey, you should consider a power meet, yourself.  You'd be an M1 lifter (40-49).

11 hours ago, Donc101 said:

You have been doing some great lifting! Awesome work.

Appreciate that, Tom! Real happy to still be healthy enough to still be doing it... most days. lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

More db squats.  These really let you know which side is your weak side and mine is the left. The left consistantly falls first. I did a set before this and same thing happened.  These for sure feel like a front squat but without the shoulders and chest to rest the bar. 

Did I mention I need a bar and plates lol damn political virus.

Lol at the last rep I basically curl the 90 up!

Strong work!  I imagine your delts are doing a little work, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah they work the shoulders, lats and core, oh yeah and legs, glutes hams a little. 

I've always thought a power meet would be fun.

• Like 1

Chin PR of 250 total pounds x12.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Chin PR of 250 total pounds x12.

Awesome.  Just think your avg 52yr old couldnt do a single pullup without added weight in this day and age.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Awesome.  Just think your avg 52yr old couldnt do a single pullup without added weight in this day and age.

I can too!  A single pullup that is.  Once you've proven you can do one, any further reps would just be showing off.  😉

Damn strong Eric!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Sad to think that might be true! And thanks!

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I can too!  A single pullup that is.  Once you've proven you can do one, any further reps would just be showing off.  😉

Damn strong Eric!

Appreciate you, Mike! But I do apologize for showing off possibly. 

18 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Damn strong Eric!

I think you can do more than one! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

It's about time old dude!

Haha.  Been about 7 years since I've given 3 wheels a ride.  Felt good.

• Like 3

So I do most of my shoulder presses seated and am much stronger seated but I'm working them standing now to put what variety I can into my workouts.

Here is a double with the 90's. For sure a max today. I probably could have hit 7 reps seated. I also realized I had running shoes on oh well

I also almost had a little accident at the end ha luckily I have cat like reflexes haha. Gotta pony clamp my safeties behind the boards next time yikes

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, king crusher said:

So I do most of my shoulder presses seated and am much stronger seated but I'm working them standing now to put what variety I can into my workouts.

Here is a double with the 90's. For sure a max today. I probably could have hit 7 reps seated. I also realized I had running shoes on oh well

I also almost had a little accident at the end ha luckily I have cat like reflexes haha. Gotta pony clamp my safeties behind the boards next time yikes

Very nice pressing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Strong!

• Thanks 1

Absolutely nailed my workout this morning...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Absolutely nailed my workout this morning...

When did you buy a range rover? Lmao

• Haha 1

Put some volume in on incline db presses today. No video but hit the 90's for 10 sets of 10. Last rep of each set paused on sets 1-7 and the 10th weirdly.

Pics on the progression of my home gym. Pretty happy with how my paint job came out. First coat done the old fashioned way until I realized even a roller made for course surfaces still doesnt get into all the little "pot holes" in a poured foundation. So second coat I used my cheap electric paint gun with excellent success. 

It's going to be 15x20 so I'll have room for a few more toys down the road.

20200427_122855.jpg

20200427_122830.jpg

14 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Put some volume in on incline db presses today. No video but hit the 90's for 10 sets of 10. Last rep of each set paused on sets 1-7 and the 10th weirdly.

Pics on the progression of my home gym. Pretty happy with how my paint job came out. First coat done the old fashioned way until I realized even a roller made for course surfaces still doesnt get into all the little "pot holes" in a poured foundation. So second coat I used my cheap electric paint gun with excellent success. 

It's going to be 15x20 so I'll have room for a few more toys down the road.

20200427_122855.jpg

20200427_122830.jpg

Looking good!

• Thanks 1

90's for 20 paused off the ground romainian deadlift. Still too easy. Emailed rogue arming when they will finally have stock. Said I'm watching multiple sites to see who gets stock first lol

My new westside tshirt was too badass not to get though!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:45 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Looking good!

Seriously, I'm jealous of that room!  I've been lifting in my dirty, freezing cold, open garage..  it sucks!

• Thanks 1