Breaking Bones & Shedding Skin

Fist of Fury
3 hours ago, Lennix said:

Those SB holds are really good!

Thanks. Just wish I could set the #4. My fingers are too weak. Tried to set the RB330 but failed. I have been able to set that one once before, I think it's somewhere around 200 lbs.

Only #4 I will have in the future is 212 lbs (which someone sent to me as a gift for some reason :laugh). So I will have that one as a goal.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fist of Fury

• Hopefully

• bruce1337

• Lennix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will do a write up on the MM1 process now when the gripper is finally back where it should be again. Swedish postal service didn't make that process easy I can tell you  Getting certified on the

Ok, I will set a bold goal. Red nail should be bent reverse in singles before the month of august this year. I will try my best, I won't be disappointed if I fail but I will be very happy if I succeed

Sunday 27/10/19 Rubber band extensions Grippers CCS #1.5 3x5 RH & #2 - 3 reps LH. #2 - 3 reps RH. GM spring 135~: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. (50). Mig

Posted Images

Lennix
42 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks. Just wish I could set the #4. My fingers are too weak. Tried to set the RB330 but failed. I have been able to set that one once before, I think it's somewhere around 200 lbs.

Only #4 I will have in the future is 212 lbs (which someone sent to me as a gift for some reason :laugh). So I will have that one as a goal.

If you have those time's on the #3.5 you should be strong enough to set the #4 but it takes some practise! I think it took me 2 workouts only attempting to set the #4 before I could get it closed deep enough to get it to open up before I put the SB in. But then I managed 8 seconds the workout after that.

Goodluck!

Fist of Fury
16 minutes ago, Lennix said:

If you have those time's on the #3.5 you should be strong enough to set the #4 but it takes some practise! I think it took me 2 workouts only attempting to set the #4 before I could get it closed deep enough to get it to open up before I put the SB in. But then I managed 8 seconds the workout after that.

Goodluck!

Unfortunately not. For me setting and actually crushing is two different disciplines. I have a pretty strong crush but my setting strength is very bad. If it were good at it I would already have repped the #3.5 without problem.

I have very asymmetrical strength in my body, my left side is severely lacking in development, it's a 100% genetic issue.

Also my fingertips gets injured very easily, so I can't train them, which also makes it harder with wide set closing grippers, SB-holds, thick bar, block weights and such.

But I will keep working on it, trying the in between the leg setting technique. I haven't trained that yet so hopefully I can improve a little bit on it. I don't have high hopes though because of my fingertips. But I think I will continue with SB-training becasue I think it's quite fun actually.

Lennix
7 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Unfortunately not. For me setting and actually crushing is two different disciplines. I have a pretty strong crush but my setting strength is very bad. If it were good at it I would already have repped the #3.5 without problem.

I have very asymmetrical strength in my body, my left side is severely lacking in development, it's a 100% genetic issue.

Also my fingertips gets injured very easily, so I can't train them, which also makes it harder with wide set closing grippers, SB-holds, thick bar, block weights and such.

But I will keep working on it, trying the in between the leg setting technique. I haven't trained that yet so hopefully I can improve a little bit on it. I don't have high hopes though because of my fingertips. But I think I will continue with SB-training becasue I think it's quite fun actually.

Sad to hear.

Your not setting between legs? Oh that makes a huge difference (for me atleast). 

here's what I do:

• Like 2
bruce1337

Thoms silver bullet technique is probably the best method I have ever seen. Definitely give it a try. You will be surprised at how much strength you save when you use a leg crush to set.

• Thanks 1
Fist of Fury

Thanks, it's not a technique issue, it's an issue of strength, I don't have what it takes, simple as that. Atleast not yet, I will give it a try however it doesn't really matter if I can set the #4 or not. That's whats so good with SB, you can just focus on the #3 instead if you want to.

• Like 1
Lennix
Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks, it's not a technique issue, it's an issue of strength, I don't have what it takes, simple as that. Atleast not yet, I will give it a try however it doesn't really matter if I can set the #4 or not. That's whats so good with SB, you can just focus on the #3 instead if you want to.

Yeah you are correct. For me it's more impressive to go 50+ seconds with #3 then to go 30 seconds on #4 because I cant understand how its possible to have that endurance.

Fist of Fury
16 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Thoms silver bullet technique is probably the best method I have ever seen. Definitely give it a try. You will be surprised at how much strength you save when you use a leg crush to set.

I've been experimenting a bit with it the last few weeks, since I started with braced bending and I can feel an improvement for sure. I actually managed to close the GHP8 167# with a deep set with this technique altough I didn't even have the strength to close the 158# #3 using a regular set. So I'm sure it has potential.

Fist of Fury
8 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Yeah you are correct. For me it's more impressive to go 50+ seconds with #3 then to go 30 seconds on #4 because I cant understand how its possible to have that endurance.

This is the thing with gripsport. It's either an endurance test or a strenth test and what is endurance for one guy might be strenth test for another guy. Same thing with the axle, hold 180 kg for time is going to be endurance only for the very strongest people in the world, not for the rest of us. Same thing with silver bullet.

• Like 1
Lennix
1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

This is the thing with gripsport. It's either an endurance test or a strenth test and what is endurance for one guy might be strenth test for another guy. Same thing with the axle, hold 180 kg for time is going to be endurance only for the very strongest people in the world, not for the rest of us. Same thing with silver bullet.

Yeah I always prefer the heavy challenges xD Armlifting USA's online contests often have easier weights like hubhold with 20kg for time or blockbuster 25kg for time so everyone can be included.

Fist of Fury

Tried some reverse bending today, eigth days after I did WD work last time. Tried the easier rebars at 180 mm and I was able to bend it to 42 degrees in singles, 6 cm in from each end. Super hard sweep on these and it really hurt. Happy I can train with them atleast, it will save me a lot of money. Right wrist still feels stretchy so I stopped after that bend. Hopefully it will feel better soon.

These rebars are really hard I have to say, but it's good, it just means my DO is better than I expected.

Also built a wrist wrench, I'm going to train my wrist with it, a sledge hammer and a SED. Will be doing some circuit training for the wrists, all six movements. My ulnar deviation needs to get stronger as well. DU bending is horrible, can't even bend a G5 bolt completely.

Did some squats and biceps training at the gym also. Lost a lot of strength because of corona. I'm starting to feel a bit better now, I can train more now without getting sick and tired.

Fist of Fury

Serious cardio today. Snow, snow, snow,snow and more snow! And as always, the really wet and heavy kind of snow.

Then some snapped bolts.

Can only get the #4 to around 1 mm on each side of the silver bullet. That was the only time I got a decent set on it. Will keep trying.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury

Actually a good training session today. I was super sore in my abs and lower arms after snapping some bolts yesterday. Went to the gym to do some pressing, decided just before I went to take the silver bullet with me, good thing I did since I managed two PR's in a row.

RB330 - 14 sec
RB330 - 16 sec
179# #3.5 - 16 sec
146# #3 - 40 sec

First time I managed to set the RB330. Hopefully the #4 next time.

Then some lifts with 2.5" wrist wrench.

Tricep work and db pressing, incline and flat. A few heavy seated rows.

• Like 1
bruce1337

Strong work with the SB holds! Coc#4 is definitely possible 

• Like 1
Fist of Fury
24 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Strong work with the SB holds! Coc#4 is definitely possible 

It feels possible now since I'm making improvement with the leg crush set. Before that it felt impossible :D 

Another interesting thing is that I can't close my lightest #3 anymore. Training silver bullet and setting with legs completely (bad word filter)s up my regular technique :D But it's okay since I'm not going to train grippers for max close anymore.

bruce1337
6 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

It feels possible now since I'm making improvement with the leg crush set. Before that it felt impossible :D 

Another interesting thing is that I can't close my lightest #3 anymore. Training silver bullet and setting with legs completely (bad word filter)s up my regular technique :D But it's okay since I'm not going to train grippers for max close anymore.

I also stopped doing big gripper closes. SB is in most grip comps so I rather train for that instead. Also closing big grippers really hurts my knuckles because of the pain I get from DO bending but SB seems to be completely fine.

Good luck with the training 💪

Fist of Fury
1 minute ago, bruce1337 said:

I also stopped doing big gripper closes. SB is in most grip comps so I rather train for that instead. Also closing big grippers really hurts my knuckles because of the pain I get from DO bending but SB seems to be completely fine.

Good luck with the training 💪

Yes grippers can give some knuckle pain. It becomes more of a problem the further you close your hand. Problem is most prominent with BTR training becuase of that. Takes time to get adapted to. Best is to train BTR with very light grippers (and not overcrush them) until the knuckles get used to the stress. Then normal range will not hurt anymore. I had the same problem when I started grippers.

bruce1337

You make a good point about the btr grippers. I really noticed the knuckle pains after I started btr training but I also started bending at the same time and just associated the pain with the bending. Never thought about how btr affected my ROM and stressed the knuckles.

Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

You make a good point about the btr grippers. I really noticed the knuckle pains after I started btr training but I also started bending at the same time and just associated the pain with the bending. Never thought about how btr affected my ROM and stressed the knuckles.

Yes you definitely got it from grippers, not bending. It's very common to get this issue, some people have been injured pretty badly this way I believe. It can take a long time to heal, I had problems for over six months with my knuckle. Couldn't even shift gears when driving without feeling pain.

The reason for these problems are that most people try too heavy before they are ready, they try to run before they can walk so to speak.

Jedd Johnson's "Cadance Based Training" is a good training program for grippers where BTR is included but in a smart way, with much less resistance than whats normally recommended.
After I did that program I realized I didn't need to go heavy at all with the BTR stuff. Actually the best gains I've made was when doing BTR with much less resistance but for more TUT. Only a few sets are needed at the end of a workout.

Lennix
On 1/22/2021 at 9:39 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Happy to hear the leg crush technique works! What's the biggest factor for me on the #4 is how deep I get it closed before starting to open up to set the bullet. If I can close it fully it makes a huge difference in time.

Gl on your next SB workout!

bruce1337
14 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Happy to hear the leg crush technique works! What's the biggest factor for me on the #4 is how deep I get it closed before starting to open up to set the bullet. If I can close it fully it makes a huge difference in time.

I think closing the gripper before you open it up was the biggest part of the technique that got me from doing 9s on a #2.5 to 9s on a #3 within some weeks.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury
2 hours ago, Lennix said:

Yes that's the key factor when setting a gripper, regardless if it's for a SB hold or just for closing them. It's always better the better leverage you get on the handle.

Will try some holds later today. Don't think I will try the #4 though but baybe a do some practice with it. Should make it easier to set easier grippers by working with it.

Fist of Fury

Rotator cuff exercises.

Squats.

SB: 1 attempt with #4, not good, done better, RB330: 6 sec, 5 sec.

DO bending single horrido leather:
Rebar 8 mm biltema: 225 mm x 1, 250 mm x 1, 190 mm x 1.
8x178 mm CRS (red nail equivalent) x 1.
Rebar 8 mm byggmax: 205 mm x 1.

SB COC#3 158# - 38 sec, COC#3 153# - 23 sec.

2.5" wrist wrench -  a few lifts, this one is super slick and really hard. When I get a hold of a lathe I will do a proper one with knurling so I can train more consistently.

Pronation curls - 3 sets.

Close grip cable push down - 5 sets.

Felt kinda weak today, only thing that felt good was squats and tricep work.

Fist of Fury

Wrist Developer training today.

CROM spring:
Level 10 - 8x2
Level 13 - not much (done better)
Level 12 - half way
Level 11 - 2x2

Press, some tricep & biceps.

Fist of Fury

Braced bending - Rebar (byggmax) 8 mm:
175 mm  x 1
150 mm x 1
140 mm x 1
130 mm x 1

Will try 10 mm next time.

Some warmup sets for rotator cuffs, biceps and back. Then good mornings 3 sets supersetted with bending.