Jump to content

...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Beyond some Beta Testing...haven't done squat in 4 weeks.  Massive mental rut.  Whine, Piss, Moan. 

Juliet dropped by to talk about Arnolds....I ended up doing some grip work.  We still have no clue whether she is gonna participate.  Lots of T's to cross and I's to dot...just to have a chance at her attending.

 

11/28/18

 

Manna-Nuff

Drags Left/Right  18/18

2 hand lift/switch hands  8, 6, 4  Total Volume = 18 hand switches

Historically...I don't train the Manna-Nuff.  That said...with the last Gripmas this year...I'd prefer to lift it before New Year's.  So...I'm gonna get some extra time with it.  I don't feel super far away from a full lift with the sucker.  My thumbs ripping open are definitely a hindrance to owning this lift.

 

Legends 2" Saxon Bar 90kg

1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1  TV = 20 = 1800kg

I attempted  doubles on most of them.  I failed at the doubles on most of them...but the majority were failed on the second completion.  Being 4 weeks away from the Saxon with zero real strength drop off felt good.  The Manna-Nuff likely took away some of my prospective doubles.  I feel way stronger than these singles...but am still gonna wait to do 10 doubles before raising the bar...so to speak. :) 

 

Legends Blob Run

half120, 

I'd say I only got L/R...1/2 full lifts overall.  The rest were popped up and fought on the way down...maybe another 8-10.

 

P.S. How was I only on the top of the second page of workouts... when i was gone for 4 weeks.  Me thinks we don't have a lot of logs going on here on the board.  Tsk. Tsk.

Dont have alot of anything going on. Unless you count tommy stirring the pot.

glad to see you logging again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • anwnate

    412

  • JHenze646

    33

  • Geralt

    33

  • Donc101

    32

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saturday 9/15/18 "Anarchy at Anton's!"  @Anton.Torrella Actually it was pretty organized...but alliteration is key to a good title.   So yesterday was an epic griptogether.  6 New

I've decided I am definitely going to compete at King Kong.   When I say definitely...I mean if I'm bedridden, I'll hold a comp in the hospital and slide off the bed to perform all my lifts.  

9/24/18 p.m. Last night Juliet's personal trainer "Tre" dropped in for Grip 101.  He's strong, lifted 139 INCH right out the gate. Lot's of showing/explaining.  I did a mishmash of a couple

Posted Images

anwnate

12/10/2018

Phew.  Gripmas was exhausting...even for a non-competitor.

I'm gonna focus on dropping weight for the rest of the year. 

I'm currently a "waterfat" 262lbs (errrr...freedom units?).

I plan on competing at 105kg at Legends...and I'd like a little wiggle room.  I want to weigh in at 225. 

Soooo...I'd like to start the new year as close to 105kg/231lbs  as possible.

I plan on doing a little of this and a little of that, mostly auxiliary...but no "major" workouts until the New Year.

 

BTB Axle Wrist Curls (60kg)  10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6    TV = 52 = 3120kg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
On 12/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, anwnate said:

12/10/2018

Phew.  Gripmas was exhausting...even for a non-competitor.

I'm gonna focus on dropping weight for the rest of the year. 

I'm currently a "waterfat" 262lbs (errrr...freedom units?).

I plan on competing at 105kg at Legends...and I'd like a little wiggle room.  I want to weigh in at 225. 

Soooo...I'd like to start the new year as close to 105kg/231lbs  as possible.

I plan on doing a little of this and a little of that, mostly auxiliary...but no "major" workouts until the New Year.

 

BTB Axle Wrist Curls (60kg)  10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6    TV = 52 = 3120kg

 

A fun time at Gripmas as always. Keep me posted on the project we talked about. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
28 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

A fun time at Gripmas as always. Keep me posted on the project we talked about. 

Will do.  Thanks for the reminder!

Peeps.  I've decided to do some bending on a limited basis. 

Nothing harder than a Red mind you...but I lost some barehand bend vids I wanted to keep...so I decided to replicate them.

And...a few more little things.

 

I imagine it'll take 8-10 weeks to get my hands back to reasonable toughness.  Definitely gonna take this slowly.

To that end.  Just went ahead and bent a few 60ds with reduced wraps. 

20181210_151737.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

Gonna attempt to log "something" each day the rest of this month.  Bite sized goal.

 

12/11/2018

Heller Blob Tilt Squeezes(20sec)   1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

Since this is slightly harder than my Fatman...figured it'll be a great carryover for the blob medley.

 

Bending

Grade 5 (IMPs)  Quick Complete.  Ouch!  Hands hurt from yesterday

Black Grade 8 (IMPs)  Quick to 82deg-ish...hands feel bruised.  Stopped. 

Probably could have pushed through, but this probably would have slowed my overall progress.

Time for some Tuff-foot.

20181211_075335.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

12/12/18

 

Grippers Lefty

100, 120, 130, 130, 130, 130miss

Grippers Righty 20mm Block Swipe (closed unless said otherwise)

100, 120, 142, 160, 167GHP8, 167miss

 

BTB Axle Wrist Curls (60kg)  10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8    TV = 54 = 3240kg

 

Bending

Grade 5 (IMPs) x 3

Black Grade 8 (IMPs)  88deg Stopped again.  I'll know when it's right to push through.

60d  (16 square inch IMPs)

20181212_101058.jpg

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

12/12/18  PM

 

Dumbbell Bench (70s)

5, 4, 4, 4  TV = 17 = 2380lbs

 

BTB Axle Wrist Curls (65kg)  10, 10, 7   TV = 27 = 1755kg

 

Card tearing

Classic, Casino

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
richcottrell
On 12/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, anwnate said:

12/10/2018

Phew.  Gripmas was exhausting...even for a non-competitor.

 

What, no trip report?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Juncker

I just saw that Nate is bending again... These are, indeed, some exciting times.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I just saw that Nate is bending again... These are, indeed, some exciting times.

Seems the old guard isnt ready to give up. I like it. I like it alot. 

@anwnate Could you explain the reduced wraps, and its benefits please?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KapMan said:

Seems the old guard isnt ready to give up. I like it. I like it alot. 

@anwnate Could you explain the reduced wraps, and its benefits please?

Basically you cut Iron Mind Pads into thirds. You use those in addition to a regular set of Iron Mind pads that have not been cut up. For bars you cannot bend you can add these smaller wraps to your regular set of Iron Mind Pads. So you could do a bend in 1 full set plus 1/3 of a wrap or 2/3 of a wrap on each side. It's like an incremental way of bending in Iron Mind Doubles. Likewise, if the bend is too easy for you in full set of IM pads, you could go down to 2/3's or 1/3rd of a set. He taught me this when I Double Overhand Bending it works great. Nate can chime in but that is the gist of it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
12 hours ago, KapMan said:

Seems the old guard isnt ready to give up. I like it. I like it alot. 

@anwnate Could you explain the reduced wraps, and its benefits please?

@FrankD nailed it.  If you are wondering why I'm using them now...I'd like to replace some barehanded and reduced wrap bends I lost via computer magic. 

Basically I'm conditioning my hands with them.  Lesser wraps condition...but also reduce leverage big time.  I just use whatever will help me achieve my goals.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FrankD said:

Basically you cut Iron Mind Pads into thirds. You use those in addition to a regular set of Iron Mind pads that have not been cut up. For bars you cannot bend you can add these smaller wraps to your regular set of Iron Mind Pads. So you could do a bend in 1 full set plus 1/3 of a wrap or 2/3 of a wrap on each side. It's like an incremental way of bending in Iron Mind Doubles. Likewise, if the bend is too easy for you in full set of IM pads, you could go down to 2/3's or 1/3rd of a set. He taught me this when I Double Overhand Bending it works great. Nate can chime in but that is the gist of it. 

 

55 minutes ago, anwnate said:

@FrankD nailed it.  If you are wondering why I'm using them now...I'd like to replace some barehanded and reduced wrap bends I lost via computer magic. 

Basically I'm conditioning my hands with them.  Lesser wraps condition...but also reduce leverage big time.  I just use whatever will help me achieve my goals.

Huh🤔. I just figured bend with im pads as is. Never thought to add a little here or there. I cant bend a red/bastard/gr8, but I can bend just about everything under it save for a few stronger drill rods. Which is is why I ask about this and a list of bars. I feel like Im missing a piece somewhere. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
49 minutes ago, KapMan said:

 

Huh🤔. I just figured bend with im pads as is. Never thought to add a little here or there. I cant bend a red/bastard/gr8, but I can bend just about everything under it save for a few stronger drill rods. Which is is why I ask about this and a list of bars. I feel like Im missing a piece somewhere. 

I couldn't bend a G8 until I slapped double IMPs on them.  Bending it made me realize it was possible. I then transitioned down to singles in a few steps.  Did the same with the red. If you have to bend a red or other stock in doubles to get stronger and wiser...then do so.  Its a means to an end.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@KapMan I will send you a PM with Drillrod suggestions in between those bars- I don't want to clog up Nate's training log 😀

Edited by FrankD
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

Sticking with doing something everyday for the rest of the month...

 

12/13/2018

 

OAR (70lb Dumbbell)

6/6, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

 

Heller Blob Tilt Squeezes(20sec)   

1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

 

Super exhausted, beat down, tired.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

12/14/18  PM

BTB Axle Wrist Curls (65kg)  10, 10, 9   TV = 29 = 1885kg

Seriously hoping I'm dealing with ketoflu and not more heart stuff.  

  •  
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

12/15/18

Back is whack.  However...testing revealed DOAxle ROM desired so...wth.

DOAxle (kgs)

100, 120, 130, 140, 150, 155, 160miss

160 missed due to weak body, not grip.  Freakin sad. 

That said...considering my back is acting up...it's not the worst result for an out of the blue test. 

Gives me an idea how far behind I am to Mr. Joshua.

ih7.jpg

 

Bending (IMPs)

G5 

Black G8

First complete G8 Bend since returning.  Blasted through sticking point no problem.  Crush is somewhat weak on springy steel atm.

 

Card Tearing

(Classic)  Quick quartering

20181215_115501.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella
44 minutes ago, anwnate said:

160 missed due to weak body, not grip.  Freakin sad. 

 

You and @Vinnie - mutants

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

20181215_160523.jpg12/15/18  PM

What does a bender do when they blister their palms?  That's right...bend more. :)

 

Bending (IMPs)

G5 

Black G8 x 2

These are taking too much out of me...but I'm not far off a spiral Red.  Maybe in a few days. :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646
1 hour ago, anwnate said:

20181215_160523.jpg12/15/18  PM

 

^Yeah! Fresh art supplies!!!

Just kidding, don’t send me anything. Ha.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anwnate said:

20181215_160523.jpg12/15/18  PM

What does a bender do when they blister their palms?  That's right...bend more. :)

 

Bending (IMPs)

G5 

Black G8 x 2

These are taking too much out of me...but I'm not far off a spiral Red.  Maybe in a few days. :)

 

Kinda like when you are hungover , and you drink to get rid of the hangover. A philosophy to live by.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

You and @Vinnie - mutants

Yeah but I'm a mutant at 130 kg, not 160 ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.