- 45kg 5 x 1 or 2

- belly clean & push press to 115kg x 2,2

PSP wheels deadlift (18 inch)

- to 280kg x 3

Speed box squat with chains

- 95kg 4 x 3

Farmers walk

- 95kg x 20m

Actually struggling to keep the axle from sliding down my belly, its a smooth axle an been using no chalk etc but would have thought my belly was big enough for this not to happen haha apparently not. Will have chalk up next time an maybe try grip top under t-shirt. 18" deads still feeling easy enough even though im spent. Farmers i definitely should have warmed up first with the empty farmers as felt bit of pain in shins on that. Will wrap them up next time and make sure i get a lighter run in. Maybe 120kg x 3 axle an 300kg x 3 psp deadlift next events session then ill back off a bit.

Edited by Paul Savage

Last session basically just started an then stopped as had no power. Best thing to do here is just save it for another day. Adjusted training a little because of it.

PSP wheels deadlift

- to 300kg x 3

Axle push press against bands

- to 140kg total x 5

- 100kg 2 x reps 

SSB box squat against chains

- to 140kg x 5

Stones no tacky

- to 120kg one motion

Bodyweight = 186kg

Just getting a little feel for push press again an little play on stones, not ordered sleeves yet. Few things need working on technique wise but pretty happy with where my strengths at considering not even at full strength of the prep yet and only 2 weeks in.

High incline seated smith

- to 160kg x 2 paused but first pause wasnt really a pause

- 120kg x 8 paused

Alternate dumbbell front raise

- to 20kg's x lots

Dumbbell laterals paused

- 8kg's 5 x reps short rest

Grip hold on frame

- +300kg x 50 seconds

grip hang thumbless thicker bar

- bodyweight x 40 seconds

pinch hold

- wide 15kg bumpers x 1 minute 15

Rear delt machine

- 5 x reps short rest

assault bike

- 2 x 60 second sprints

Right hand keeps going well before left, some kind of issue going on as its my stronger hand.

Forgot to log this from Tuesday

Warm ups etc

Farmers into shield carry

- to 105kg a hand into 105kg x 2 runs (just short ones as wanted to take it easy an got some shin pain)

Axle practice

- to 80kg x bunch (working on belly clean, not clicking)

Atlas stones 

- to 140kg x 1 (easy)

Shield felt light an was happy with how the 140 stone felt. Definitely have 160 in me, not sure on 180. Issue is not the weight but that they are really big stones.

Axle power snatch

- 40kg x 2,2,2

Axle power clean

- to 90kg x 2,2,2

Axle belly clean

- to 130kg (still not the best form but happy enough to get comp weight)

Lunges

- bodyweight (186kg) 3 x 20m

Spud inc yoke beltless

- to 103kg x 40m (no gripping straps)

Just this as will be doing a good bit tomorrow

Ended up waiting a day then tryings some events again an just didn't go well at all just had no power so decided to just do a thumbless grip hang (55 seconds) then some pulldowns behind the neck and to front plus dumbbell curls.

Yesterdays

Axle power snatch

- 40kg x 2,2,2

Axle belly clean & push press

- 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 x 1

Incline axle bench press paused with chains

- to 130kg total x 9 rest paused

Farmers walk

- to 115kg x 10m

Single arm hang

- bodyweight (184kg) x 20/20 seconds

Was happy enough with how the 130kg axle felt, it's ben more difficult than i would have liked but have found the technique that seems to work for me, just need to find my sleeves now. Farmers felt awful, feet felt stuck in the mud. Realised this morning my calfs were extremely knotted so that wont have helped but they need work. My shins have been hurting so have had to neglect these somewhat but feeling better now so need to make up for it. Will start incorporating spud inc yoke both zercher style for the sheild and regular to help strengthen core and get me used to moving with weight but not having to do so heavy it damages my shins again (fingers crossed anyway). Also started some fasted walking today (just bcaa's), will do these twice a week day after events. Should help with moving events as its a workout in itself moving me about at 184kg, especially for 45 minutes none stop.

Big session on saturday, heavy push press, heavy 18" pulls against bands, heavy ssb squats, light farmers & carries for speed/fitness then stones hopefully up to a comfortable 160kg.

Edited by Paul Savage

double post

Edited by Paul Savage

So didn't go as planned since had a nightmare of a nights sleep (horrible bed and heat wave) and the gym we went to just didnt have much equipment so decided to do heavy deadlifts, stones etc next session instead.

Barbell strict press

- to 120kg x 2 (easy)

Viking press

- several sets being as explosive as possible

Farmers

- x 10-12 runs fast light weight

Seated row

- 3 x reps

Latpulldown machine

- 3 x reps

chest press machine

- 3 x reps

So had another frustrating day where i basically warmed up, had no energy, no power, failed what i wanted to do first exercise then called it. I think this was a lot down to the heat wave, its wiped me out.

Yesterdays (day after but in air conditioned gym)

Standing strict press

- to 130kg x 1

Smith incline press

- to 180kg x 2

Seated dumbbell press

- to 50kg's x reps

Cable flys

- 3 x reps

Pushdowns

- 3 x reps

Todays

Box squat

- to 180kg x 3 (220kg there but very awkward lift off height so didn't risk it)

Smith rack pull just above knee against doubled greens

- to 410kg? total x 3 (this was a LOT of pressure)

Leg press paused

- to stack x reps

Assisted pull ups palms facing

- 3 x reps

Farmers into front carry medleys (used 25kg sandbags with handles but hooked up two other sacks to my belt to drag to up the resistance without joint pressure. Sheild simulation was weights on loading pin 15kg on end using mechanical disadvantage to do the same)

- 3 x 20m/20m (killer)

Happier now

• 2 weeks later...

Missed logging some sessions as honestly some haven't been worth logging and ive just been completely spent from training in this heat, been struggling to sleep etc has definitely hurt my prep but doing what i can. Just missed a 200kg incline smith yesterday, think id just not trained incline enough lately but good lord are my chest and shoulders sore today. 

Today was simple..

18" rack pull breaks

- to 320kg x 3 (few more there)

Smith box squat beltless

- to 220kg x 3 (really weird kind of squat)

That's it for today, training Monday next.

• 3 weeks later...

So just to update, i got upto 360kg x 3 on the stiff bar rack pull breaks and easy 260kg smith box squats no aids e.g i was strong but unfortunately got an injury to the inside of my elbow / end of inside of my forearm on the left. No real clue how i did it, It got to the point i just couldnt get anything without straps though so i had no choice but to pull out. Ive essentially been resting since but have done a couple gripper workout right handed. I think 30 reps on zenith 3 first one then 15 reps on HG400 next one both pretty wide. Probably do my third session tomorrow.

So yesterdays was..

No chalk

- Strength Shop 2.5 x 34 wide 

- Strength shop 2.5 x 15? paused

Interested to see if training one hand only changed anything, way of the giant pumpkin etc

• 3 weeks later...

Not been able to do much at all with moving and coaching but have done some kind of full body training SOMEWHAT. Nothing at all hard and hardly anything, left elbow/forearm still an issue for sure but slowly getting better. Did manage to do some pinch the other day, managed a new PB on the 4" wooden block at the gym of 40.9kg so was pleased with that and then yesterday finally got back to grippers but could only see my old easier 4 and a 150lb warm up gripper (about a #1) so must have put the gripper somewhere during move, i thought they was in the car. Just did the 4 because didn't have anything else, did 3 singles with a slight set (see instagram), all felt good then tried a table no set but was couple mm off. Finished with two high rep sets of the 150lb gripper.

• Like 1