Top Posters In This Topic

• maidenfan

• Teemu I

• patrick

• lifesnotfair

Good luck!

Good luck guys! I want no part of this one. :blink

- Aaron

C'mon dude - the best I've done is an 1/8" or so and thats a long ways off. I'm just using this as motivation to keep at it.

I'm in! :rock

Mostly as an attempt to get back to serious about using the grippers once in a while.

BTW, I don't think I've ever closed the 3.5.

this is gonna be a quality thread, has chad no setted the 3.5? could get him sam and mob in this

edit, i think chad could do this already if he hasnt, there are a lot of other people who could be in this just cant remember everyones name

Edited by egg_uk

I don't think I've ever closed the 3.5.

Neither have I :angry: I know there are a few guys here that if they havent already, will get it done real quick - thats the way these threads usually go.

Whats Kevin Bussi like at No set work? He made that MM5 look easy.

He made it look easy, but from a set smaller than 1", I'd say 3/4".. going from there to 3" (or so) is very different!

this is gonna be a quality thread, has chad no setted the 3.5? could get him sam and mob in this

edit, i think chad could do this already if he hasnt, there are a lot of other people who could be in this just cant remember everyones name

I don't know egg, because someone told me Chad, who CCS'ed a #3 in that contest where he won a few weeks ago, tried the #3.5 and wasn't even close??

Good luck guys :rock Looking forward to the log.

Grippers vary, I know of at least one 3.5 that tested WELL below 180's they usually fall in. TNS a 3.5 that tests 182 or better would be reeeee-diculous

this is awesome -

(I reckon this thread will receive the most hits since the ones about Tex attempting the #4 cert)

Good luck guys

Did grippers today with regular lifting. Also for reference my 3.5 feels about the same or mabye a hair tougher than Gregs which RGC'ed at either 180 or 182.5 I don't remember which.

1 set no set reps w/ 2.5, I'm doing an overcrush on every rep instead of just touching them like regular. Did a set of max reps with both hands and then waited 20 secs, did another, waited another 30 and did a last set. Hands were dead and still managed to get the 3.5 down to ~3/8th'' no set

Nice - I did a bunch of attempts on my new 2.5" Grand Elite and MM2 at work today so the hands are toast - gonna take a few days off.

I think I'll jump in just for fun. Cant resist. My 3.5 has a 3 and 1/8 spread and calibrated at 191 so I don't think I will do to good. But it will be fun to see how close I can get and just might get a little stronger which always is good. I think Wes will win this from what I hear. Wes is pretty amazing for his age or any age for that matter. Good luck to everyone that joins in.

Nah Patrick, it'll just make you that much more of a stud when you mash it :rock Ya, Wes is gonna be tough to beat, but you'll be right up there.

Edited by maidenfan

Excellent challenge!!

Shane should jump in too ...

I was trying to see how far away I was on it today. I could get it to 3/8 no set. Thats a long ways away. Going to add some more sweep work and use my grip machine some more. Anyway I guess its a start.

No set reps with overcrush every rep

Cert #3 x 5

2.5 x 7

These were one right after the other like a drop set

2H Plate Wrist curl with 35 plate

25 reps total with 25sec rest at 18

Reverse WC with oly bar

95lbs, 15+9 rest pause

Edited by Wes

And I'm already behind. Nice job Wes. I decided to try out a new grip lift today, so grippers tomorrow maybe...