Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Tues.

rev. hyper, wrist curls, press, curls, french press

DO  a dozen easy 60D

I finished up a reread of “The 80/20 principle” by R. Koch . This one is something I can gleam new things from each time through. Recommended.

And I started in on “The Mountain is You” by B. Wiest. Some of the stuff like playing small and the glow up hit pretty hard but some of the more emotional content wasn’t for me.

As it grows late into 2023, I’ve started to review the year and think about goals for the future.

• Like 3

Thurs.

squat 185x5

bench 175x4,1

shrugs and sledgehammer finger walks 

i might need to reset my main exercises to get things moving consistently again.

Current book is “Hello, habits” by F. Sasaki 

There is lots of material from other habit books, he even quotes them, but it’s a nice straightforward delivery that’s relatable.

this is my favorite seasonal decoration. I made the cat and my boss gave out the dollar store antlers but my wife had the genius to combine them.B95ECF4F-200B-49EF-A403-F8763C28F96F.thumb.jpeg.27993cc10c4a40a0b767d2a80a3994ba.jpeg

its funny every time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

its funny every time.

:wub: That thing is great. I really like his little teef. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Monday(because Sun. started off in the car)

squat 125 5x5

bench 185 5x5

pullups, calf raises, finger walks, powerball, curls, french press

ul0 & DC2 to heart, SCF lite1 to 180 - I worked for this/max

E9C39CFB-55BB-4CC6-90E6-62003C5D2579.thumb.jpeg.049237ed32cf973eac73e655e18cb786.jpeg

• Like 3

Tues.

rev. hyper, wristwork 

stopped due to headache 

Thurs.

squat 135x5, bench 205x5, rear laterals, shrugs

• Like 4

As part of my New Years celebration, I decided to hit the bar. Hard.FDBF2175-50D4-4FF8-8CF2-2652E54FA70C.thumb.jpeg.81db50dbcb62c39b7c1357e4ca2427cb.jpeg

squat 125 5x5, bench 175 5x5, pull-ups, oar, kB sp, bi/tri, rollin handle, hub, DC2 to 180

I don’t necessarily come by money easily and this has heavily conflicted with the hobbies I enjoy. So I am ALWAYS looking for a way to stretch my pennies. Horseshoe bending isn’t a cheap activity but when I can double use  my materials like the idea below, it makes it “seem” like it hurts my wallet a little less.

Happy New Years Y’all! 

May the next year bring you increased poundages and the chalk falls just how you like it. Salud! Slainte!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

As part of my New Years celebration, I decided to hit the bar. Hard.FDBF2175-50D4-4FF8-8CF2-2652E54FA70C.thumb.jpeg.81db50dbcb62c39b7c1357e4ca2427cb.jpeg

squat 125 5x5, bench 175 5x5, pull-ups, oar, kB sp, bi/tri, rollin handle, hub, DC2 to 180

I don’t necessarily come by money easily and this has heavily conflicted with the hobbies I enjoy. So I am ALWAYS looking for a way to stretch my pennies. Horseshoe bending isn’t a cheap activity but when I can double use  my materials like the idea below, it makes it “seem” like it hurts my wallet a little less.

Happy New Years Y’all! 

May the next year bring you increased poundages and the chalk falls just how you like it. Salud! Slainte!

Happy new year.

Thats whats cool about steel, all you're doing is spreading the mass to a different area.  

• Like 3

Tues.

rev. hyper, wrist curls, rear & side laterals, sp, bent rows

keepin everything loose and moving

A1C4C64A-7A0B-4E56-93AC-A02F72AD5C56.thumb.jpeg.37b9209bca401a5868138fc10efee532.jpeg

Its 2024! Go buck wild!

• Like 4

That thing is wicked cool

• Like 2

Thurs.

Axle deads up to 270x3

^no bodyparts exploded = success 

bench 210x5

shrugs, kB sp

A muscle decided to spasm out afterward in my leg 🤷‍♂️

This weeks book is “Make it stick” by P. Brown 

This is a book about learning. There are some very interesting concept discussed. Definitely some things to think about and consider how it might apply to skills acquisition.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Thurs.

Axle deads up to 270x3

^no bodyparts exploded = success 

bench 210x5

shrugs, kB sp

A muscle decided to spasm out afterward in my leg 🤷‍♂️

This weeks book is “Make it stick” by P. Brown 

This is a book about learning. There are some very interesting concept discussed. Definitely some things to think about and consider how it might apply to skills acquisition.

In most scenarios no explosions of body parts is usually a good thing.

I'm impressed with how many books you read. I love reading but it takes me at least a couple months to finish one.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

In most scenarios no explosions of body parts is usually a good thing.

I'm impressed with how many books you read. I love reading but it takes me at least a couple months to finish one.

In case I didn’t mention it before, they are audiobooks. I listen to podcasts and books on my commute, during my lunch break, while I cook meals and when I do yard work.

i read physical books to but they are more textbooks and reference books.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday on Monday 

squat 155 5x5, bench 175 5x5

pullups, oar, finger walk/powerball/shot rotations, curls, French press, 1h flask, hub, 60D x10

we had something happened(non-serious) so this was the first workout in a while. Good to be back at it.

i just finished “I am legend” by R. Matheson 

its different from the movies. He is overwhelmed by his lust and loneliness which cause him to make mistakes that lead to his demise.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I missed logging workouts since last time but haven’t missed the workouts themselves. They weren’t all that noteworthy.

Thurs.

axle deads - up to 310 both styles, 330 modified sumo(?)

bench 210x5 

shrugs

i am working on a pinch block of sorts in the shop. I usually make things in pairs in case I have difficulties I can make corrections on the subsequent one. It usually doesn’t take too much longer to make duplicate parts anyway.

current book is “Why Nations Fail” by J. Robinson. So far this is an eye opener. Not being a person focused on economics, the interrelationships of factors is interesting and some of the history is new to me. 

• Like 4

Saturday 

Brent stopped by for some grip training 

grippers, saxon, Stub, Finnish ball, IM anvil, and some light squatting 

it was great having Brent stop by

Sunday

oar, bent rows, bench 180 5x5

some Stub technique work and sledge levers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ketchup post

workouts for the past week plus have been unremarkable. I either had time constraints or physical shortcomings which led to only doing the minimums even though I wanted to do more. Such is life.

the weeks books  were “Digital Minimalism” by C. Newport. It’s about making technology work for you. Worthy of a read.

And “Tipping Point” by M. Gladwell. This book is about how ideas and activities catch on. Some good ideas here. Recommended.

i finished construction on the second prototype of the two sided pinch block. I am calling it the ‘Zoid block. It’s a ingot style block that reverses to a Dovetail block. I like dual/multi purpose devices. The second prototype was a change in the dimensions and is the fit I was looking for. I have one more iteration to make but it’s a change in manufacturing process not size or function.

E6D21484-BEE3-4357-A0D6-FECE8094ECB3.thumb.jpeg.75110295f44c42f0fe66b14b7fe0d93c.jpeg

L to R: 1st prototype, 2nd ‘Zoid prototype 

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 4

Thurs. 

axle deads 270 3x3 

bench 225 x4,1

shrugs

My hip acted up on Sunday so i kept it light.

• Like 1