First Bend.

mrzero

Great job :rock dont worry about what the masses think, just do it and have fun. Go slow and make sure you watch your wrists. It is easy to move to fast and get hurt. Go for volume volume volume. Then move up and go for volume there. Some great underhanders on the board (Big_Steve and Dave come to mind). Big_Steve also has a DVD with bending on it that is very informative.

Greg

We'd have to see you bending to tell if you bent or folded it. An official bend has the ends inside of 2 inches. I can't tell if your bend is that far closed or not from the picture but it doesn't look that way so that's why I mentioned it. Give it an ol' gripper style squeeze with some padding to get it all the way down.

Now there is no turning back, we own your soul until you get the red! MUHAHAHAHA!

Don't worry bout the bending/folding thing. I agree with gamidon, volume volume volume...then after you do that, do more.

As far as bending vs folding heres my view....with bending (double under, old terminator, slim) it is hard on the wrists. Lots of sledge work would be good. Its very easy to hurt your wrists with these styles if you try to move up in gauge to quick.

with folding (double over), you need to tolerate lots of pain. The reason for this pain is because the ends of the bar are in the middle of your palm and it digs in good. With this style though, and pain tolerance, you will bend bigger things much easier.

Just pick the way you are more comfortable with, try them all and go for it. good luck

Well today I tried one double over and found it really hard, so I switched halfway through and finished it and another 3/16ths easily with the double under; think I'll be sticking with that for a while.