Coc 3#

elmaco

Hello!

A little question for you guys who certified with the new rule.

Have you changed your training approach or have you thrown in some new exercises?

Thanks Markus :rock

I might be wrong but I think there are two or at tops three who have certified here under the new rule. So, don't expect a lot of responses. :)

I haven't certified, but I plan to some day. Just make all of your goal gripper attempts no-set. Other than that, keep the training the same.

I'm currently training to cert under the new rules. I have started working with setting the gripper with my first three fingers enough to let the card slide in. As I begin to close the gripper with my three fingers, I wrap my pinky around the end where it would be in a normal set close. I'm hoping that a little practice with this technique will get the job done. I won't know if it works for a couple of weeks. No difference in training though. Just doing KTA and working on the technique during my #3 attempts.

Hmm... No not really. I didn't really do much :D Just trained like I usually do. (Almost without any setting, or how's it's called on/in english :) )

Edited by Mart|n

im doing no sets with my grippers now, im working away on an RB 160, im no setting down to about 1/2 an inch, making nice progress so far, but this should help me when im onto #3

If you have a wide #3, you could be at a disadvantage.

Depending on your hand size and the strength of your #3, you have to get the gripper set and comfortable in your hand, let the gripper back out just enough to get the credit card width inside of that - then close the gripper from there.

I'm finding out that for me - I haffta let it out quite a bit for that CC to sneak in there, THEN find the power to close it again. A real bugger to be sure! :happy

Snott,

How would a wide #3 be a disadvantage? With the credit card set rule it takes the actual spread of the handles out of the equation almost totally - a few extra mm's is not going to make that much difference when you can use the set for that part.

Edited by The Mac

for those that cetified with the CC was there any give or was the rule applied strictly? I only ask cause it's my goal as well and I'm not trying to take away from your accomplishments

for those that cetified with the CC was there any give or was the rule applied strictly? I only ask cause it's my goal as well and I'm not trying to take away from your accomplishments

Hi! How do you mean with: "... was there any give...."? You can watch the video where I close #3 with the cc rule. Randall J. Strossen has seen it (what I heard) and he approved (hope it's the right word) it!

What might help is a grip tip from Nathan Holle:

Don't chalk up your fingers.

Chalk up only your palm and the thumb base.

That way the fingers may slide in a better position during the close to get a better leverage.

I didn't try it on my own but would like to see some feedback on this.

hmm when i dont chalk up my fingers the knurling rips them apart, might be that my skin hasent hardened up enough yet but i have to chalk em up

Snott: In my album i posted a pic that im holding my 3,so what do you think? :blink

Yeah, that's a complete no set. If you can close it like that, you're good to go! :D

I do no sets with my grippers, I can get my #3 down to about an 1/8 of an inch. That 1/8 inch is driving me crazy. Im also at a disadvantage because the bottom spread of my 3 is 3 inches, which sucks. :blush

Im also at a disadvantage because the bottom spread of my 3 is 3 inches, which sucks. :blush

Have you thought about getting another #3? It might make a difference.

I've always done no sets, because the gripper slides about too much because I never use chalk, no reason other than I do my gripwork on the sofa and chalk's a bugger to get out!

The spread on my #3 is almost a full 1/2" wider than my #1 and #2, is this normal?

P.S. Nice use of the word "bugger" Sybersnott, we'll make an Englishman of you yet!

heh i wish that was me buts its not, i found it in an earlier post to show tun tavern. I agree tho its a very good close.