A New Pinnacle To Be Reached...

EricMilfeld

I've added a category to the Gripboard bending certs: Grade 5 bolt-5/16x7". I'm motivated all over again, with this bad bolt as my new goal. I had my doubts about it being possible for me, but I was able to take one from the 45 degree point to the 90 degree point during my last workout. This gave me a lot of confidence. I'll try an unkinked one tomorrow. I think this is a perfect goal for guys who are handling cut-down Reds or who have bent the Fat Bastard Barbell 5/16" stock. It is a big jump, though. It represents bending at a whole new level. The new tougher Red Nails are not quite 80% as difficult as this formidable bolt. Anyone wanna race?!!!

I can't get the 5/16" x 7" G5's here. The longest I can get are 6" and as you might have guessed, they are quite tough. I can only dream about bending one for now.

Dangit, I said I wasn't going to bend heavy again before the Diesel contest but Eric has laid down the gauntlet!

If you'd come out with this last week, I'd have jumped on it, but I'm focusing on grippers for the time being. I would like to bend one of those 5/16" G5's though. I'll work on it on my one day of bending a week and see if I can get there soon.

Well, I took a go with a fresh 5/16x7" grd 5 today. I put an almost inperceptible wobble in it. And I was feeling strong today, too! I think I'd do good to make an easier goal to help bridge the gap between my current ability and the super-human ability that is apparently required to bend this bolt. So certifying on a 6" piece of FBB's 5/16" round stock is my current short term goal. My best with this stock thus far is a 6 1/2" piece, which I did last week. I also tried a 5/16x7" FBB square bar today, with even less impressive results. But with this particular piece of steel I suspect the pain inflicted by the sharp edges was a factor.

Come on , Clay! Dont be such a puss! I saw your g5 5/16 6" bolt at your house and you were telling me you were gonna get it! Don't disappoint your fans!

I expect to see it bent you freak!

MEAT

Well, I DID bend one recently. I used two lengths of pipe over the ends though, does that count? The bend was unbraced too!

Well i guess you "bent" it, but not the way a pirate or a lumberjack would bend it. Unbraced and no pipes next time, king kong!

MEAT

Oh and how are you coming along on that 3/8" by 7" bar?

God Bless

I put a small kink in a 5/16"X6" grade 5 bolt a few weeks ago. Got sidetracked on bending cut down PINK nails and cut down REDS and I have not tried the 5/16"X6" grade 5 since. The kink was definately visible and I feel I could take one down with a little rest.

Shrug, Clay, ya'll need to try the seven inch variety. It may be just what the doctor ordered. But I don't think you guys have what it takes... :happy

...just a little reverse psychology. :tongue

I put a small kink in a 6incher but there is no way I am ready to take it the rest of the way, looking for some 7 inchers, but so far no luck ..may hafta order on-line...Also wanna find some 7/16 threaded stock x 7inch cause I think they would look real impressive for a crowd.....if I could bend them that is....Brett

That's a good idea about using the 7/16" fully threaded bolts. I've been meaning to make a trip to one of the bolt supply stores in my area. When I finally find the time and money to do so, I'll be sure and pick up lots of extras to send to some of my less fortunate bending buddies, here on the board.

Bending is cool. :cool