Wrist Pain

JustinH

I have tried bending some more difficult nails lately but it seems like my wrists may be too weak(trying 60d galvanized twists). I put a small bend in it last week but that's it. I know I have the strength elsewhere but my wrists hurt and almost feel like they are going to snap when I try bending a little bit tougher nails. I know that leverging a sledge will help but until I can get one will doing wrist curls help? I remember the last time I did wrist curls it hurt even doing very light weight. I mean they hurt while doing bb wrist curls with maybe 85 pounds or so. I can do the weight, even more but it hurts as I do them. I don't have small wrists, they are about 7 1/4.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any advice that you could give me would be very helpfull.

Until you get a sledge (or instead of getting one), try levering with a dumbell. Just load up one end of it. Stick with stuff in the 3-5 rep range for 3-5 sets. Contrast baths afterwards. There's no such thing as taking too much time to build up your wrist tendons.

Standing wrist curls with the bar behind the back are the only way I can do wrist curls without pain

Standing wrist curls with the bar behind the back are the only way I can do wrist curls without pain

I can do that, with quite a bit more weight but I just can't do them seated very well.

Until you get a sledge (or instead of getting one), try levering with a dumbell. Just load up one end of it. Stick with stuff in the 3-5 rep range for 3-5 sets. Contrast baths afterwards. There's no such thing as taking too much time to build up your wrist tendons.

I have dumbells like that, I was thinking about doing that but will it be as good as doing it with a sledghammer?