Certified On Super Master

bencrush

On the 18th I spoke with Warren Tetting on the phone. I ordered a certification Super Master with him in July. I wasn't trying to rush him, but I suspected that I had messed something up in the order process. He checked his records and found that he had sent the gripper out on July 19th! So I'm wondering if one of my neighbors has my gripper...more likely lost in the mail, but still only the second gripper he's ever had lost.

He sent out another certification Super Master to me and it arrived here today. I ripped open the package and table no set closed it the first try and then held for a count or two. The second try was a repeat of the first. The third try I actually smashed it shut and ground the handles back and forth a bit. Then I managed another close before calling it quits for the day. Didn't hurt that I also had a friend over (bench pressing) to lend support. I'll try to call Tetting tomorrow and let him know how it went. I told him that if I was unable to close it that I would of course let him know.

The certification form was already signed by Tetting and had my name on it and everything. I am very pleased to finally certify with him. On to the Grand Master! :rock I went ahead and ordered a certification Grand Master from him as well. Can't wait to get that bad boy. Guess I'll have to change my log's name. :D

Good job, Ben.

Congrats.

Thanks Franky! I appreciate your personal messages regarding certification and the encouragement.

Outstanding!

Congrats man :rock

If you are able to grind the handles of the SM, you close the GM soon!

Great Job!

Sixgun...

How exactly do you get certified by Tetting? Can you get certified on any gripper?

Way to go!! Congrats to you! :bow What's your next grip goal??

Thanks guys! My next grip goal would be table no set closing the Grand Master and getting certified with Tetting on that. I've table no set closed a 2.5" spread Grand Master, but that's not the size I have to certify with. I ordered a 2.75" GM to cert with and the 1/4" difference is very noticeable in my opinion. I don't plan to be able to close it right away...might take a month or a year, who knows?

I believe the GM and the #3 are the same wire size. I might be wrong but they're at least very close to each other in strength. I've only tried 3 different GMs and 1 was harder than my #3. The other two were easier, but not by very much. Maybe a 2.8 or so...

Like all grippers they vary. At Feats with Hands the 2 GM's were easier than any of the #3's there. But my GM at home is much harder than my #3.

Congrats on a great feat Ben!

Awsome job! Ya I have 2 #3's and the GM falls right into the middle of them.

Congrats Brother.

You will kill the Cert Grandmaster when it arrives.

:bow