Anyone seen one of these?

Guest kINGPIN

A very interesting device.  I wonder if the same design could be made stronger?  Kingpin, it's not your fault on the link, that site is frame-based and thus you cannot put in a direct link.

Guest kINGPIN

It does look like a good idea and comfortable to use.  Who knows it might be really tough and we are just underestimating it.......but judging by the pink handles...  ;)  nuff said.

The website is a good one.  I am building a small gym in my home and have ordererd from them.  I should have a power rack, 145kg oly weights and a set of dip bars and a pair of 20kg hex dumbells coming my way soon.  All the stuff should get here Monday.  I have already got a sturdy bench and some standard plates.  The only thing at the moment that is missing is a grip machine which I intend to by when I have a bit more cash.

Kingpin, I got one of these off the ebay auction site for my 12 year old kid (he can close the COC Trainer but not the COC #1, yet). It was no challenge to him and he could close it at all levels and has since given it to an older school mate.

The color was deep red not pink.

BTW, this gripper was far cheaper on ebay!

Train smart!

Guest kINGPIN

Ha ha ha.  :D  :D   It is a good job I asked about it then.  I hate cheap, weak and nasty grip tools.  They make geeks think that they are stronger then they are.  When ever I mention my grippers, everyone thinks they can close them, until I let them have a go.  All of a sudden they go very quiet.  :D

kINGPIN,

Sears sells something similar to that in the states, and I've tried it on max resistance, it is a joke.  But that one does look cool.

kINGPIN I checked out the website but they only seemed to sell the hex dumb bells in sets. Did you have to call them to arrange for one pair seperately? How much for the 20kg's?

If they sell them seperately I may get one to cut up as suggested in Mastery of hand strength to use as block weights. May just need a 10kg or so tho ???

Cheers

FC

Guest kINGPIN

Fuel crusher

you can buy the hex dumbs seperatly for about 99p a kilo.  Give them a call and ask about clearence dumbells.  The pair I got, they were getting rid of because they are in pounds and they now sold them in kilos, so wanted to get rid of old stock.  If you get in there now you might just get lucky.

Andy

Guest kINGPIN

Paul,

Good luck with them.  The staff were really helpful and seem to know there stuff on what they were selling.  My pair hex's cost me about £32 I think, but I have no intention of cutting them up- many more cheaper ways of getting a strong grip.

Andy

(remember to ask for a free catalogue aswell)