Taking Time Off

JustinH

How often do you guys bend? I did bending for 3 days in a row(not a whole lot of it) then I did some today and could only kind the 40d which I was able to do a couple days ago. I did work biceps out yesterday and my hands feel quite worn and painfull from bending. I was thinking if I took a little while off I could come back and start easily bending 40d's and maybe move on to 60d or something in between. When I took a while off last time I came back and bent what I couldn't do before, this time with ease. How much time would you recommend me taking off?

Maybe I will just do some wrist work for a while to get my strength up.

Edited by JustinH

A week off bending will allow you to come back stronger than ever. Bending is hard, but NOT bending is even harder. :)

A week off bending will allow you to come back stronger than ever. Bending is hard, but NOT bending is even harder. :)

I know I can't stop, even though my hands hurt quite bad I just keep on wanting to bend.

Justin, something that was mentioned to me to help with recovery was ball rotations, My hands were so sore just last week I couldnt even get timber ties. After just one session of ball rot with baseballs my hands felt 75% better after 3 sessions I felt nearly 100% and set a new pr...I know it may sound silly but it worked wonders for me. The baseballs are big enough to really stretch out my hands, I would suggest 5 minutes at least each hand several x's each day, also try rolling out your palms on top of the ball to massage the point tender areas and even the backside of your fingers and hand.....Massage is a proven modality for pain relief and increased healing rate..... Brett

Hello, my name is Eric, and I too cannot stop bending.

oh my, well i share the same problem....one day i even tried to keep at it after plunging a 60D into my hand......waaaayyyyyy too much caffiene that morning.....i think we might have to start benders anoymous :ohmy