Johan Albrektsson Took Third Place

Mikael Siversson

It seems Johan took third overall and Steve G. (Mobster) fourth. Did someone mention beforehand that it would be close between the two but that Johan would come out on top??? :whistel

For next year I hope to see strong teams from other countries, able to challenge the Swedes and Brits. The Germans will probably learn from this year and come back stronger and more experienced. Big congrats to Johan for taking third. Well done by Steve G. as well. A fourth in a European is outstanding and well deserved as he took time and money to get the right equippment etc. :rock

Although the bending result may appear low to some of you they were achieved after some 8 hours of competition. Most used either underhand or variations of the reverse style. Mobster may have used double overhand.

It seems Johan took third overall and Steve G. (Mobster) fourth. Did someone mention beforehand that it would be close between the two but that Johan would come out on top??? :whistel

Yes but you said 5th, I said 3rd and by 11 damn points I came 4th - so we were both close!! I tried a 280 and kinked it and was ready to leave the platform but was chased back on it by my buddy and tried again. The pain was... just too much and I muttered 'sod 3rd place'. Johan and The Swiss (amazing guy) helped me do as well as I could.

David 'the Swiss' and I had agreed here on the board to push each other and he dropped out on the bars but kept me going. I needed to beat Johan by 35 kilos on the bars and made 32.5 kilos but no more. We were all shattered but they both helped me do my very best! Cheers Guys :rock

Mob was close on the 280kg bar, and that was after all the competing!! his 267 was easy!!

Johan was very impressive I thought.

Once I get that initial bend needed to be able to put a crush on it the bar is mine. But I was too tired. We joked that I would have put away a 270-272.5 if one had been available (mores the pity they weren't) but speedy crush or not the 267.5 took a fair bit out of me after 10 and half hours.