David Horne Fighting Back.

Mikael Siversson

Pinch still going on. They did not group the lifters according to pinch width used, which would have saved a lot of time. Oh well. David Horne is currently in the lead with 100k, Benny has 90k so at the moment David has gained back most of what he lost in the grippers. Stay tuned. :rock

Yes, changing the widths on that particular piece of apparatus isn't the quickest thing to do.

I would think that Dave will be capable of a few more kilos in this event.

Dave has some good events coming up. I know what he has been lifting in the one hand lift for example - a fair bit more than he managed in the British...

Yes, the one hand lift and bending is a big unknown for me with Benny. We will soon find out. Problem with the pinch was that we reached a standstill regarding width, with the Britts hell-bent on two inches (50.8mm) and the Swedes refusing to use anything thinner than two and a half inches. The compromise is fair but time consuming.

Two inches is certainly David's preferred width on the pinch lift. I think that Steve may have used an even narrower width in the British? (which puzzles me as his hands are the same size as mine…)

After experimenting with the different widths I found that the thickest setting actually suited me best. This is the width I used in the British champs.

David Horne crushed the opposition in the two hand pinch by winning with an outstanding 105k (231lbs). Silver to Dean Bolt with 93k and Bronze to Benny with 91k. After two events, David Horne leads with 226.1p, Benny second with 221.6p.

Wow, that is an incredible pinch!