What Next

bigboy

After my last post (thank you Clay Edgin) I started cutting down the 1/4" rods and bent a 6 1/4" section. Any suggestions on what is next? Should I be ready for TTs.

Also, I bend DU, should I be practicing the other methods?

Dude, you're already bending stuff that's harder than timber ties. From here just keep cutting until you get to 5". Then hit up the 60d's.

As far as staying with double underhand, if that's what feels good, stick with it.

Yeah, you're way past a timber tie right now. I kept going on 1/4" HRS and CRS down to 5". The ironmind nails are harder than most round rod you'll find, so if you have any yellows they're good to cut down also. I can bend a 5.25" blue nail (same as a 5.25" yellow, both are 1/4" round), but can't kink a 60D. The ones I found up my way are awful. I think i'll get a G5 to go before a 60D! I bought a ton of stock from onlinemetals.com, but nothing is really in between a 5.25" blue and my 60D or even a 7" G5. I'm going to try to ramp up the volume to bridge the gap to the G5s. Good luck!