Grip Bash Performance Tips

EricMilfeld

I thought I'd start a thread to provide ya'll a forum for sharing any tips with your fellow competitors. And by the way, the contest is underway and will end on the 16th at 2359.

I'll give this little nugget of wisdom to get things started. When performing the monkey deadlift, those of you with a strong back will find that if you hold the weight clear of your legs until the final portion of the lockout, resistance will be reduced, and hence, your poundage increased.

Is it considered bad form to post results while the contest is going on? I did the monkey DL and 1 arm clean wed night.

I don't know if it's bad form, but it keeps up the level of anticipation and makes for a more interesting contest if we hold off on posting actual contest results until the event's completion.

I did the one arm today and my word of advice is keep your other hand up to block the bar in case you lose your balance. Mine went off kilter and smacked me in the lip quite nicely.

Definitely be ready for the bar, I usually catch my throat or collar bone if not in the right spot. Also, make sure to pull back as well as up, on an attempt I caught the bar with my arm out in front and it whipped my wrist back pretty hard. Its going to take some time to heal.

I rack the bar on a one hand BB clean by putting my free hand straight out in front of me so when I rack the bar it is lands on both shoulders... maybe this isn't a legal one hand clean?

I rack the bar on a one hand BB clean by putting my free hand straight out in front of me so when I rack the bar it is lands on both shoulders... maybe this isn't a legal one hand clean?

Actually, that sounds like a good idea.