First 60d Bends

MeatPlow

Bender said go bend something in an earlier post today, so I did. I stoped at True Value and decided not to be ashamed to ask for what I wanted and low and behold they had plenty of 60d nails in stock, so I bought 1/2 pounds worth.

I warmed my hands up with a few sets of light sets of the wrist roller and stretched out a bit. I went through some of my lighter stock much easier than I did yesterday and decided to try one of my new 60s. I cranked on it hard using the double undergrip style and felt it give way and I got a great bend in it and finished up with an overhand chest crush. At this point I was pumped for sure. I rested a few minutes and decided to try one more but this time I used the old Terminator style or the same style that David Horne demonstrates in his video. This felt much more natural to me and I went through my second 60 pretty easy. This style feels pretty good to me so I may work with it and see how it goes.

I know this is baby stuff for the most here but I am really happy with this being my second week of bending. For padding all I am using is half of an old dish towel at this point. Now one question where do I go from here as next step? I am not really keen on nail/stock progression if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it alot.

Jeff

Edited by MeatPlow

Bender said go bend something in an earlier post today, so I did. I stoped at True Value and decided not to be ashamed to ask for what I wanted and low and behold they had plenty of 60d nails in stock, so I bought 1/2 pounds worth.

I warmed my hands up with a few sets of light sets of the wrist roller and stretched out a bit. I went through some of my lighter stock much easier than I did yesterday and decided to try one of my new 60s. I cranked on it hard using the double undergrip style and felt it give way and I got a great bend in it and finished up with an overhand chest crush. At this point I was pumped for sure. I rested a few minutes and decided to try one more but this time I used the old Terminator style or the same style that David Horne demonstrates in his video. This felt much more natural to me and I went through my second 60 pretty easy. This style feels pretty good to me so I may work with it and see how it goes.

I know this is baby stuff for the most here but I am really happy with this being my second week of bending. For padding all I am using is half of an old dish towel at this point. Now one question where do I go from here as next step? I am not really keen on nail/stock progression if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it alot.

Jeff

Cut the 60's down then grade 5 is the next big step.

:rock Nice work! Knowing you can is half the battle.

For bending, you can now try to bend three in a work out. Then four. Then five... For strength's, cutting and 5's are indeed the next step after that. Just be aware of the number of injuries on this board from bending under 5" rods.

Now go bend something. :D;)

Great Job Jeff :rock bending in two styles is really cool, keep after the underhand because it is terrific for wrist strengh.