Getting A Bit Better

JustinH

Like I said in my other post I bought some 40d nails or 5 inch. I tried the galvanized one and it bent like butter but I could only get a good kink/bend so far in the 40d regular nail. I'll try again later or another day. The 60d will die very soon.

Between the 40d and the 60d there are a whole bunch of nails to choose from. Have you tried any Timber Ties or 1/4" HRS or CRS?

I haven't tried any of them, I'm still a little unsure of what exactly timber ties are. Are they the galvanized twist nails but a bit bigger? Crs is more difficult than hrs is it not?

CRS in generally more difficult that HRS. Timber Ties are a version of a 60d spiral galvinized nail found in big plastic tubs with green labels at Home Depot.

They're usually easier than galvenized 60's and are a great stepping stone from 40s to 60s. In my experience, a good progression would be:

TT's

galvenized 60's

bright common 60's

dark 60's

The bright and dark aren't a sure thing, just from my experience with them the dark ones seem to be more stubborn. Of course, I've also heard it said that galvenized are more difficult, but for me, I can crank out 5 galvenized for a single common 60.

My hands hurt like a sonafagun so I think I'll take a bit of a break. Hopefully they will heal stronger and I can come back to bend some tougher nails. I think it's better to work with nails than bars because they hurt your hands more. When you get to bending the bars they won't feel quite as difficult because there is a little less pain.

I recently jacked my hands up bending some 40d's the other day. I think the shortness of the nail and the sharp end finnally did some damage on the old tendons. Because of this I'm taking some time off and I also want to get some TT's because they are a bit longer. However, my Home Depot sucks ass and doesn't carry them. For the mean time I'm bending 7'' HRS.

7" HRS is harder than a timber tie. Stick with it and cut it shorter.

When you get to bending the bars they won't feel quite as difficult because there is a little less pain.

Don't know about that man. I didn't start getting holes and tears until I got to tough bolts and difficult bars.

Don't know about that man. I didn't start getting holes and tears until I got to tough bolts and difficult bars.

Does this mean you're going to start squatting when you pee, Eric?

wussy :whistel

I stopped getting holes in my hands once I started using leather. No blisters, tears, or busted bending rags anymore.

Guys, don't take all timber ties lightly. A friend from this board sent me some timbers that would hurt your fellings if you took them as cream puffs.

Does this mean you're going to start squatting when you pee, Eric?

wussy :whistel

I stopped getting holes in my hands once I started using leather. No blisters, tears, or busted bending rags anymore.

Doesn't everyone squat when they pee?

Leather? shit....I use a single square of toilet paper. Sissy. :cool

Edited by Thaibox