2" V-bar

bencrush

I messed around with the 2" Vertical Bar lift today. The most I've done before was about 140 or so counting the loading pin I use as a V-bar. I worked up to 202 pounds with either hand. I've seen some of the numbers posted in regards to the 1" diameter v-bar lift, but don't remember seeing any posted for the 2" variety.

I'd like to know some standards if they exist. Mikael and David Horne? I am pretty sure you guys are handling some SICK poundage on this. I'm sure there are others as well. So in other words, I'd like to know where I stand. Or to be more exact, where I kneel. :tongue

You can't really compare two 2" v-bars unless they are made out of the same type and preferably same batch of steel. Just ask the Diesel Crew what they thought about the LGC v-bar compared to another one they tried. I think Jim Wylie did around 300lbs on a 2'' v-bar he tried.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

OldGuy, the loading pin is the IronMind Olympic loading pin. I'm not sure of the length at the moment. I didn't brace it against my forearm.

Mikael, 300 on that is an awesome lift! :rock Jim is the man. What have you done with the 2" version?

Are there any v-bar pics around? Is it like the Jug? Knurled or not? Would like to try the lift, just don't know what it is. I've done 175 for a 10 sec hold on the 2" jug. & I've got some old Oly bars I could chop up to make a knurled bar if it's what I think it is. Thanks-

John

Mikael, 300 on that is an awesome lift! :rock Jim is the man. What have you done with the 2" version?

I am not sure. Tried a RT loading pin a couple of years ago and have a vague memory of pulling 100k+ on it. 202lbs is not bad at all. That would translate to an easy 100k+ pull on a 1'' LGC replica v-bar, provided you can take the pain.

Oldguy, Mikael-

Thanks! So the 2" Jug would translate pretty well. I'll have to chop up some 1" & make one to play with. Another new toy!

The LGC v-bar is 24''. It can actually be purchased from Gripboard member Arne for about $ 35.00 plus shipping. I you buy one you can compare your performance to those of the 2004 Europeans and GGC.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

24" sounds pretty short to hold the kind of weight you guys are lifting. Do you use 100 pound plates?

• 2 months later...

I believe Jim Wylie held 80kg for 27 seconds on a 2" V-Bar at the 2002 Grip Endurance Challenge.

Another article on that site mentions the following lifts:

Liz Talbot: 100kg on a 2" bar.

Bruce White: 270lbs on a 2" drain pipe.

Jim Wylie: 300lbs on a 2" bar.

Thanks for the reference Mac. I ran out to the garage and put 175 pounds on my 2" loading pin to try holding it for time. 11 seconds. Damn.