All Round Contest Including Inch

Jedd Johnson

This contest is happening later on this year and includes lifting the Inch dumbbell. I am tempted to train for this given my interest in All-round strength. I called the phone number (Guaranteed Fitness) and spoke with someone (didn't catch the name) about this contest and he is sending me some information on it. It is being sponsored by the Atlantis Foundation. I do not know what that is. The way he talked, he thought I'd go home with something with my totals. Not sure what he was judging this by.

-Jedd-

1) The Atlantis Strongest Man in America hosted and judged by Bill Kazmaier.$100.00 entry fee.5 Events (trap bar deadlift,bench press,push press,chin up with most weight and the Thomas inch dumbell lift).There will be a plate loaded inch also.There are three cash prizes.First place-$2,500,Second-$1,500 and Third $500.

2) The Atlantis Strongest Man in New England hosted and judged by Ed Coan.Same five events as above.$50.00 entry fee.5 cash prizes.First place-$500,Second-$300,Third-$200,Fourth$100 and Fifth $50.Contest rules for both are:

1.No super suits,erector suits,bench shirts,straps or wraps of any kind.

2.lifting belts and chalk are allowed.

3. All lifts are single rep max with three attempts

4. Winners are determined by a grand total of weight of all 5 lifts.

Starts at 10:00 AM,$25.00 entry fee.

3) The New England Armwrestling Championship hosted and judged by national competitor Bob Thresher.Five cash prizes(TBA).Five weight classes:

1. 150 lbs and under

2.151 - 180

3.181 - 210

4. 211 - 245

5. 246 and over

Tickets are $10.00 in Advance or $15.00 at the door. Call 508-885-3686 for more info.

All proceeds go to the Paxton Fire Department

Jedd,

Did that contest about two years ago. It is well run and it was pretty fun. Good because it is not as physically taxing as a regular strongman show. If you have any questions, give me a PM.

Ross

Jedd that looks like a cool contest. I'd like to train for something like that myself. Have a go man you'll do great.

Nick

That sounds really cool. Go for it Jedd!

Sounds like fun. I like the basic events and the lack of equipment. I say go for it.

The bitch of it is that the chin up does not count bodyweight. Just the weight added.

But I am confiedent I could train up to 150 by then. I did that at 220lbs, I believe. I am 262 now.

-Jedd-